You can remove Gmail accounts from Android device if you don’t want to use it or you want to use another account. Android devices mostly run by the Google services. When you start your Android device, you fill a mail ID to start the process.
So you can remove your account from your phone. You don’t need to remove it from your Gmail app.
Steps to remove Gmail accounts from Android devices
You can remove it from your Android device with two options.
- First, you can reset your phone and make a new account this time. Add a new Gmail ID for your phone. It’s not a suitable option when you have the inbuilt option in your phone.
- Second option is you can remove it in your phone settings without resetting it. It’s very easy to use.
Now let’s learn with these steps that how you can remove Gmail accounts from your Android device.
- Open settings: Open your android phone’s settings. You can swipe up to see the all options where you can choose setting option or you can find it in your app’s feed.
- Open ‘accounts’: Scroll down and now pick the option of ‘accounts’ in personalisation section.
- Select ‘Google’: Now you see ‘Google’ and add account option in next. Select ‘Google’ option.
- Tap the three bars: Tap on three bars menu at the top right corner.
- Choose ‘remove account’: Now tap the option of ‘remove account’ next. A new box will pop up. Choose ‘remove account’ there also.
This is the process of removing the account. Your Gmail account has been removed from your Android phone. It will delete all of its messages, contacts, and other data from your phone.