You can change signature in Gmail on desktop or on mobile app easily. Signature use at the bottom of the mail which includes the name, company, phone number, website etc. you can easily change your previous signature from your account if you don’t happy with the last signature. It can be sort or long. You can add 10000 characters in your signature. (Learn how to create signature in Gmail)
There are few steps which can help you to change your previous signature on Gmail. You can change it through the all devices.
How to Change signature in Gmail on mobile phones (Android or IOS)
You can change your Gmail signature on mobile app. Make sure that you are using Gmail app. Android users already have Gmail app inbuilt in their phone. iPhone users must have to download the app. They cannot change the signature from the inbuilt mail app.
These are the steps to change your signature in Android and IOS devices.
- Open Gmail: Open your Gmail app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on three bars: Tap on three bars menu option in the left corner at the top.
- Tap ‘settings’: Scroll down and tap ‘settings’ option which is at the bottom.
- Choose your account: You can see your Gmail ID on the top. Tap on it to confirm.
- Tap ‘signature settings’: Scroll down and tap the option of ‘signature settings’ in iPhone and tap ‘signature’ option in Android.
- Type your new signature: Delete your previous signature and now type your new signature in box. You can now get back to your app on iPhone for confirm it and on Android, tap ‘Ok’ to confirm it.
How to change signature in Gmail On Desktop
Desktop version is best to change settings of Gmail. There are the steps to change the signature in Gmail.
- Open Gmail: Open Gmail and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the settings bar: You will see an icon of settings at the top right corner. Click on it.
- Click on the ‘settings’ option: Choose the option of ‘settings’ in all options.
- Go to ‘signature’: Open general option which is the first in horizontal line at the top. Scroll down and you will see the option of ‘signature’ in left corner.
- Type your new signature: Delete your previous signature from the type box and type your new signature text there.
- Add signature for replies: Now “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it” line will be shown you. Click on it to confirm it. If you have done it already then leave it. Now your new signature text will be added in replies.
- Click on ‘save changes’: Click on ‘save changes’ option at the bottom to confirm.
Now your new signature text has been applied on your Gmail account. You can change it any time whenever you need.
So, this is how you can change your signature even on your mobile app.