You can change Gmail address if you are not happy with the address. In professional work, we need a proper and attractive username in Gmail ID for your office work. When we make new account, then we normally use a preferred username and we sometimes, forget to add a username which is easy to write and look nice.
Steps to change Gmail address:
You can change your Gmail address in desktop only because this service is not available in mobile app. These are the steps which can help you to change your Gmail address:
- Open Gmail: Open Gmail and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the settings icon: You can see an icon of settings in the right corner at the top. Click on it.
- Click on the ‘settings’: Click on the option of ‘settings’ in all given options.
- Go to ‘accounts and import’: Go to the option of ‘accounts and import’ in horizontal line at the top. Click on it.
- Click on ‘edit info’: You can see an option of ‘send mail as’. In the right, your mail address is written. Click on the option ‘edit info’ at the right corner.
- Type your new name: A new tab ‘edit mail address’ will be open. Enter your name in the box you want to add.
- Click on ‘save changes’: Now click on the option ‘save changes’ at the bottom to confirm it and save for your accounts.
That’s how you can change your name on mail address. If you want to edit complete email address, then you have to make a new Gmail account.
Sign up with your new Gmail account. Create the address as your preference and transfer your all emails and contacts from previous emails to new mails. This is the only way to change your complete Email address. On current account, you change your name only.