If you are an active Gmail user or you have subscribed many newsletters or websites through your Gmail account, then your inbox will be full. Sometimes we see thousands of emails in our inbox.
It’s not easy to scroll down or search particular emails to delete. It’s better to make some space and delete old Emails. Let’s learn how you can delete old emails on Gmail.
Steps to delete old emails on Gmail
See quick steps to understand to delete old mails on your Gmail account.
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser in your desktop.
- Open Gmail: Open Gmail and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Go to ‘search’ tab: Click on the search tab at the top of the page.
- Click on ‘show search options’: Now click on ‘show search options’ tab at the right with downward sign in search tab.
- Choose the mails: Here, you can choose mails by date, size and name. Click on the date option where you can choose months and year. Choose ‘one year’ option to find last one year’s mails.
- Select the mails: Now select the mails. Try to select all but still do check out if you want to take any mail in your account.
- Click on the ‘select’ option: You will see some option with their signs horizontally. Click on the first ‘select’ option. Choose all option to mark all mails.
- Choose ‘delete’ option: your all mails will be marked. Click on ‘delete’ icon option in the horizontal line. Your marked mail be deleted from the Gmail.
Your deleted mails will be moved to bin and will be deleted in 30 days. If you want to delete it from bin also, then you can do the same in ‘bin’ option, you can find in main menu options. You can make empty your bin and your mails will be permanently deleted.
You can delete old mail in your app but you need to scroll down and enter the name of the mail. App doesn’t have a feature to choose your old mails according to the date. It’s better to use desktop version in your phone browser.