You can delete your Gmail account if you don’t want to use it. It could be a reason of privacy or may be a reason of using multiple accounts. You can make this process only in Desktop or laptop.
If you want to delete it through your mobile or tablet, it’s not available. Gmail app does not provide any facility or service to delete the Gmail account directly from your app.
Steps to delete Gmail account
There are few steps which can help you to delete your Gmail accounts permanently.
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser. Google chrome is a good option because it works better in google websites.
- Open google account page: Open Google account website ‘myaccount.google.com’ on your browser.
- Tap ‘delete your account or services: Tap ‘delete your account or services’ option in ‘account preference’ section.
- Scroll down and tap ‘sign in’: A new page will open which showcase the options of ‘account preference’ section. Scroll down and the sign in with the last option ‘delete your accounts or services’.
- Sign in to your Gmail account: Type your mail ID and the password to sign in with your Gmail account.
- Tap ‘delete products’: Tap on the ‘delete product’ option at the top right corner.
- Verify your mail ID: Type your password to verify that it’s your mail ID. Recheck again that it’s the similar ID, you want to delete. If it’s not, then you can add another account on the top by tapping on your mail ID. Now type your right mail ID.
- Tap ‘next’: Tap ‘next’ to complete the verification.
- Tap the trash icon: Now tap the trash icon in the right to the Gmail heading. You can save your data on tapping ‘download the data’ option.
- Type the new Email address: Now enter a new Email address. It can be a non-Gmail address like yahoo, outlook or iCloud.
- Tap ‘send verification mail’: Tap the option of ‘send verification mail’ in the right corner at bottom.
- Open your Email address: Open your email address (non-Gmail address), you put in for the verification.
- Check the mail from Google: Open the mail, google send you. If you don’ find it in your inbox, then check it in spam folder.
- Tap on the link: Google have sent the link in the middle of the mail. Tap on it.
- Tap ‘delete Gmail’: Check the yes box (you can read the terms as well before the deletion process) and tap on ‘delete Gmail’ option at bottom.
- Tap ‘done’: Now tap ‘done’ to complete the process. Your Gmail account has been deleted permanently.
That’s how you can delete your Gmail account. The process is quite lengthy but google gives you the full assurance on the safety of your Gmail data. You can even save the data before delete it. Google can confirm that it’s your call to delete it with double verification.