You can block someone on Gmail account when you don’t want to see mails from particular Email in your mail inbox. Sometimes, marking those mails as a spam is not enough. There are few easy steps which can help you to learn how can you block someone on Gmail.
Steps to block someone on Gmail:
When you are doing blocking or delete process, always prefer your desktop. Gmail works even far better from its Gmail app in smartphone. Desktop version have very new features which can make your mail experiences better and smooth.
How to block on Gmail account through Mobile app
You can block someone on Gmail easily on your phone with some easy steps. Gmail is available on Android phones already. It’s an in-built app on all Android devices. On iPhone devices, Gmail app is available but the option of blocking is not available in the mail.
Android have this feature in the mail. Check out these steps which can help you to block someone through your Gmail app.
- Open the app: Open your Gmail app. Sign in with your Gmail account.
- Type the mail in search section: Now you see a ‘search mail’ box in the right corner. Type the mail of that person whom you want to block in search box. When you type even first second alphabet of that mail, Gmail will easily search the mail.
- Open any mail: Open any mail of this Email ID. Page will show you all the mails you got in inbox. Pick any one to start the process.
- Tap on three dots: Tap on three dots at the top right corner at the mail.
- Tap block option: Tap on the option which show you ‘block the user (user’s name).
- Tap ‘block’: Tap ‘block’ option next in the blue color. You can see ‘cancel’ option in the left if you don’t want to block.
How to block on Gmail account through Desktop
- Open your browser: open your preferred browser in your desktop. Look for google chrome for better experience of google services.
- Open Gmail: Open ‘gmail.com’. Sign in with your Gmail account.
- Type the mail of that user in search section: Now you see a ‘search mail’ box at the top. Type the mail of that person in search box. If you have mails of that user in your inbox or you have sent a mail before, you can write the first alphabet of the mail, Gmail will automatically search the user for you.
- Open the mail: Open any mail of this Email ID. Gmail will show you all the mails you got from that mail ID. Pick any one mail from all.
- Tap three dots menu: Tap on three dots at the top right corner.
- Tap block option: Tap on the option which show you ‘block and user’s name next’. Tap on it to start blocking process.
- Tap ‘block’: Tap ‘block’ option next. You can see ‘cancel’ option in the left if you want to get back.
Now the user has been blocked from your Gmail account. You cannot receive any mail from this mail ID.
Now the mail has been blocked from your Gmail account. You cannot receive any mail from this mail ID. You can do the same with other mail IDs. You can unsubscribe IN as well if you don't want to see any mail from that ID.