Gmail provides the facility that you can create folders in your Gmail account. You can even make sub-folders in Gmail. Gmail have that option to create folders which is called ‘labels’. You can create folders in Gmail easily through labels and Gmail have such other options to make your Gmail experience even better.
Steps to create folders in Gmail
Follow step by step simple guide to create folders in Gmail App and on Desktop.
How to create folder in Gmail App - On Mobile
- Open the app: open your Gmail app which is available on Android and IOS network.
- Sign in: Sign in with your Gmail account for you want to create folders.
- Tap three bars menu: Tap on the three bars menu at the top left corner.
- Tap ‘create new’: Scroll down and tap on the ‘create new’ option in label section.
- Type the name: Now type the name of your label here and get back to the main page. On android, save it.
How to create folder on Desktop
- Open your Gmail: Open Gmail and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Tap the settings bar: Tap on the settings icon bar which is at the top right corner.
- Tap the ‘settings’ option: Tap the option of ‘settings’ in given other options.
- Go to ‘general’: Settings will be open from the ‘general’. Go to ‘labels’ tab which is the second option in horizontal line at the top.
- Tap ‘create a label’: Click on the option ‘create a label’ at the bottom of the tab.
- Enter the name for your label: Now label box will be open. Now type the name for your label.
- Click ‘save’: Click on the option of ‘save’ at the bottom to confirm the label.
Remove or edit the label:
- You can remove your label very easily. You can click on the remove option at the right corner of your label name. Click on ‘delete’ option to remove it. You can delete labels in Gmail easily.
- You can edit your label’s name which is in the right side of the remove option.
How to add your conversations in mail in your label?
It’s very easy to add any mail conversation in your labels.
- Open the mail, you want to add in your label.
- Click on the ‘labels’ option at the top.
- Now type the name of your label in the box or pick the label in options.
- Click on the label’s name and apply.
Your mail conversation has been added to the particular label. You can see that conversation in your label now.