With a growing number of payment applications like PhonePe and Paytm we have our money distributed among them. But we can transfer money from PhonePe to Paytm very easily. There may occur a situation when the person is only accepting paytm and you have money in your PhonePe so just follow the step by step guide and transfer money from PhonePe to Paytm.
How to Transfer Money From PhonePe To Paytm
Steps to transfer money from PhonePe to Paytm:
1. Open the PhonePe application: First of all, on your Android Device, you will see a blue icon with pe written on it. It's the trademark icon for the PhonePe application. Just tap on to launch the application on your device.
2. Tap on your Profile: Secondly, you will need to go to your profile. To open your profile just tap on the profile picture at the top left corner of the main page of the PhonePe application. It will open a sidebar with a number of options.
3. Choose the My BHIM UPI ID option: On the Sidebar, you will see a number of options like My QR code, My BHIM UPI ID, My Addresses. Just tap on the My BHIM UPI ID option.
4. Copy Your BHIM UPI ID: Now your BHIM UPI ID will be displayed. Remember this UPI ID or just copy it from there. As this id will be used to add money to your Paytm wallet.
5. Now open the Paytm application: After exiting the PhonePe application you will now need to open the paytm application on your android device. You will see a white icon with paytm written on it. Just tap on it to open the paytm application.
6. Tap on Passbook: Now you can see a Passbook option on the main page of the paytm application. You will see a lot of options on the horizontal bar from which you can pay using paytm but for now, we will tap on the Passbook option.
7. Tap on Paytm wallet: As we are adding money to our paytm wallet we will choose the paytm wallet option. Just tap on the paytm wallet to see all the options of the paytm wallet.
8. Tap on the Add Money to Paytm Wallet option: You will see a number of options like Add Money to paytm wallet, send money to bank, Request statement. Tap on the Add money to paytm wallet.
9. Enter the Amount: Now in the box given you will need to enter the amount by which you want to recharge your paytm wallet. Enter the amount in the box make sure you enter it correctly.
10. Tap on Add Money: After you have entered the amount you want to add to your paytm wallet you can now tap on the add money option present just below the amount box.
11. Choose BHIM UPI: You will see a number of ways by which you can add money. For example, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net banking. In this case, as we are going to transfer money from Phonepe to Paytm. Therefore, we will choose the BHIM UPI option.
12. Enter your UPI: Now you will need to enter the UPI ID which we copied from the PhonePe application. Just enter your UPI id in the given box. Make sure you enter it correctly or else it will throw an error.
13. Tap on Pay Securely: After you have entered your UPI ID and ensured that it's correctly entered. You can now tap on the Pay Securely.
14. Payment request will be sent: If your UPI ID is successfully verified you will see a message that you will receive a notification on your UPI based on Bank App.
15. Check your notification: Bring down the Notification Shutter and you will see a notification from the PhonePe application. It will be a Payment request notification. Just tap on it to complete your Payment on paytm application.
16. Tap on Pay: The notification will take you to the PhonePe payments page where you will see a Pay option. Just tap on the PAY option to complete your payment.
17. Tap on Send: You will see a purple button with a Send option at the bottom of the page. Just tap on the SEND option.
18. Enter your UPI PIN: Now you will need to enter your UPI pin to complete the payment. Enter your UPI pin in the given space. Make sure you enter the Pin carefully else your payment may fail.
19. Tap on Done: After you have entered the UPI pin you can tap on the DONE option at the bottom of the page.
20. Success Status: Finally, after your payment is successfully completed by the PhonePe application you will get a success message on the paytm application. And the amount you entered will be updated in your paytm wallet. You can check your paytm balance for the update.
Therefore you have successfully transferred money from Phonepe to Paytm. You can use this money for everything from paying in shops to paying your electricity bill.