Paytm now has become a great app with a number of features one of which is that you can pay electricity bill through Paytm application. Now you don't have to stand in queues for long hours and waste your time just to pay your electricity bill. You can now pay it by just some number of clicks sitting at your home.
Steps to pay electricity bill through Paytm
1. Launch the Paytm application: First of all, on your Android device, you will see a white color icon with paytm written on it. Tap on it to launch the Paytm application.
2. Tap on "More":
3. Tap on "Electricity": Secondly, Under the Recharge and Bill Payment section, you will see an "Electricity" option. Tap on that to pay the electricity bill.
4. Select your State: Now you will need to enter your state. For Instance, Uttar Pradesh if you live in Kanpur or any other city of UP. Just enter two or three starting words and it will give you suggestions.
5. Select your Electricity Board: Here you have to select your electricity provider board. There are a number of boards which provide you electricity. For example UPPCL in Uttar Pradesh.
6. Tap on your Electricity Provider name: There will be a list of providers which provide electricity in your state. You need to choose your provider and tap on the name.
Keep your Electricity bill handy as you will need to add credentials about it.
7. Select your District/Type: Now you will need to choose your district type like Rural, Urban or any other.
8. Tap on the desired option: From the list of options of different district type you need to tap on your desired option. Make sure you select this option right.
9. Enter your Account ID: Every consumer has their own Account id which can be found on the bill. Enter your account ID in the desired box. If you are confused what your account id is - Just tap on the "View Sample Bill" option just next to Account ID box.
10. Tap on proceed: After entering every detail and checking whether its right now you can tap on the proceed option at the end of the page.
11. Tap on proceed to Pay: Your bill will be displayed with the amount you have to pay. Check the amount and consumer name if it's right then Tap on "Proceed to Pay" option.
12. Choose coupons if you want: There are a number of free as well as paid coupons which paytm provides you while paying bills. If you want any of them you can choose from the list and tap on the "Proceed to Pay" option.
13. Tap on "Pay now": If you have balance in you paytm wallet check the "Use Paytm Wallet" checkbox. If you don't have balance in your paytm wallet there are other options also like Debit Card, Credit card, etc. After choosing the Payment option Tap on Pay now.
14. Check for the Success message: You will get a green colored Success update after you are done paying the bill.
You have now successfully paid your electricity bill. There are also different coupons which you can use to pay your bills. Keep yourself updated about the coupons by visiting the paytm application frequently. Also, you can share your receipt and also save. You will get an email after the successful payment. So to conclude it is easier to pay your electricity bill through the Paytm application.