Sometimes we change our phone number due to some reasons and we need to update the number on paytm. We can update the mobile number on Paytm easily by just following the steps given below. It's really important to keep our mobile number updated in order to use the paytm application smoothly. Just follow the guide.
Paytm Phone Number Change
Steps to update mobile number on Paytm
1. Open the Paytm Application: Firstly on your Android device, you will see a white icon with Paytm written on it. Tap on it to open the paytm application.
2. Go to Settings: On the top left corner of the paytm application's main page, you will find three parallel horizontal lines. Tap on them to open the paytm application options.
3. Tap on "Profile Settings": A slider will open from the left side where you will find a number of options. Scroll down and you will a "Profile Settings" option. Tap on it to open your profile settings.
4. Tap on "Mobile Number": You will be redirected to the page with all your personal details like your Display name, Email address and also the "Mobile Number"option. You need to tap on the Mobile number box given to update mobile number on Paytm.
5. Tap on the small cross: Just near your mobile number, you will see a small cross (shown in the image). Tap on the cross icon and it will delete your existing number so that you can update your new number.
6. Enter your new/updated Mobile no.: Now in the box given you will need to enter your new and update mobile number. Just tap on the box and start typing your new mobile number.
7. Tap on Save: After entering your updated mobile number you can now tap on the save button present at the top right corner of the screen. Make sure you have entered the correct number as paytm will send an OTP to verify your mobile number.
8. Enter the OTP: One-time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Check your messages and enter the OTP sent in the box given. It's the secure number so do not share your OTP with anyone. If you didn't receive an OTP you can tap on "Resend OTP".
9. Tap on Confirm: After entering the OTP which is sent to your registered/Updated mobile number and making sure that the OTP you entered is correct. You can tap on the "Confirm" option.
Finally, you have now successfully updated your mobile number on Paytm. Now every transaction will be done using this updated number and also you can now accept payments on this number. It's advised to keep your mobile number updated so that your money is not lost and is safe in your wallet. Kindly don't share your Paytm Wallet password, Credit/Debit card pin, other private data with anybody regardless of whether he/she professes to be from Paytm.