Username is the unique identity you get on paytm. The one who is paying you will see it so it's really important to keep it simple and unique. We can easily change the username on paytm with a bunch of steps. Keep your username as your real name so there will no difficulty in identifying you while paying to your paytm wallet. Just follow the steps given below.
Steps to change the username on paytm
1. Open the Paytm application: On your Android phone firstly you will need to tap on the paytm logo which is a white logo with paytm written on it. Tap to open the paytm application.
2. Tap on the three lines: On the main page of the paytm application, you will see three horizontal lines at the top left corner. Just tap on that to open the sidebar which will contain a number of things like Payment Settings, Security Settings and etc.
3. Tap on "Profile Settings": A sidebar will open up with a number of options. Scroll down till you find a "Profile Settings" option. Just tap on the option to open your Profile settings.
4. Tap on Display Name: You profile page will have different elements like Display name and Email and etc. As we have to change our display name we will tap on the display name setting.
5. You can now enter your display name in the box: You will get a box wherein you can enter your Display name which you want other users can see. Just type in the name in the box given.
6. Tap on "Save Details": After you are done entering your display name you can tap on the option given