There are several instances when you login your Instagram account using someone else's phone or computer and forget to log out. It is very common and happens to everyone. But there is a risk that your personal data might be abused by the other person.
Hence, there is an immediate need to log out your Instagram account from all the devices. It is important to note that unlike Facebook and Gmail account, Instagram does not provide any particular feature to remotely log out your account from other devices.
Steps to logout of Instagram from all devices
This guide provides a step by step procedure to log out your Instagram account from all the devices so that your safety and privacy is not compromised.
How to log out of Instagram from all devices using the Instagram App?
Kindly note that the procedure is same for both Android and iOS users.
Open Instagram App: Firstly, locate the Instagram app in your phone and click on it.
Tap on the ‘Profile’ icon: The Instagram feed would appear. Tap on the ‘Profile’ icon you will find at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Click on 'three dots’ icon: A new screen would appear with all your personal information such as your profile picture, your status, your posts etc. At the top right corner of that screen, you will find a symbol of ‘three dots’. Click on it.
Choose ‘Change Password’ Option: A new screen would be displayed with several options. Scroll down until you find the option named ‘Change Password’. When you find it, click on it.
Change your password: It is important to change your current password in order to log out from all the devices. When you will tap on the option, a screen would appear which would allow you to change your password.
Type your current password: Enter your current password into the first box.
Enter the new Password: Type your new password into the second box. After this, you will be required to type the same password again into the next box for the verification process.
Tap on 'Check Sign' Option: After you have entered your password correctly, click on the ‘Check Sign’ presented at the top right corner of the screen.
Your password has been changed now. At the same time, you will be logged out from all the other devices as well.
How to log out of Instagram from all devices using Desktop?
There are many users who are more comfortable using a desktop rather than mobile phones. If you are one of them, here is the procedure for logging out your Instagram account from all the other devices using the desktop.
1. Open the website: Open Google Chrome and enter the www.instagram.com/ in your browser to open the homepage of Instagram.
2. Login: Click on the ‘Login’ option and enter your username and password.
3. Click on 'Profile' icon: This will open your feed page where you will find the ‘Profile’ icon at the top right corner of the screen. Click on it.
4. Choose 'Gear' Option: The next step is to tap on the ‘Gear’ icon located next to the ‘Edit Profile’ option.
5. Change your Password: After this, choose the option ‘Change Password’ and enter your current and new password in the given boxes.
6. Tap on 'Check' icon: Click on the ‘Check’ sign available at the top right corner of the screen.
Now, your password has been changed. Along with this, your account has also been logged out from all the other devices.