Instagram is a great way to communicate with millions of people at a time. Whether it's for personal or commercial purposes, Instagram provides an efficient way to get connected with your loved ones and the rest of the world.
However, there are many instances when an individual is in the requirements of two or more than two accounts in order to satisfy the two aspects of the spectrum, that is, public and private.
There are various benefits of creating different accounts for different needs such as you can make one account for your loved one and intimate friends and the other one for displaying your artworks to the general public.
However, it is a constant hustle of maintaining these many accounts especially when you have to keep logging in and logging out.
Therefore, Instagram provides an incredibly attractive feature using which you can add multiple accounts and switch between them without having to log in and log out again and again.
Steps to link Instagram Accounts
In this guide, we are going to tell you how to link Instagram Accounts. It is important to note that the maximum number of accounts a user can add is five.
How to link Instagram Accounts or Add Multiple Instagram Accounts?
The guidelines are the same for both Android as well as iPhone users.
1. Open Instagram App: The first step is to locate your Instagram app and click on it.
2. Login: Enter your username and password correctly.
3. Profile Icon: After this, click on the ‘Profile’ Icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Three Lines Icon: Click on the ‘Three Lines’ icon at the top right of your profile page.
5. Settings: Tap on the ‘Gear’ icon which is also called ’Settings’ located at the bottom of the screen.
6. Add Account: Once you have reached into the Settings, scroll down until you find the ‘Add Account’ option at the very bottom of the list. Tap on it.
7. Sign in: The last step is to enter the username and password of the other account correctly.
It is also important to be able to switch between accounts that you have added. Here is how you can do it.
How to Switch Between Multiple Instagram Accounts?
1. Profile Icon: Click on the Profile icon given at the bottom right of the screen.
2. Username: At the very top of the screen, you will identify your username. Tap on it.
3. Switch the account: Once you click on the username, a dropdown list would appear with all your added accounts. Click on the account you would like to switch to.
Please note that the profile picture would appear in various places throughout the Instagram app. Thus, when you have several added accounts it is convenient to know which account you are using at the moment.