A user can add his/her own sound or music on TikTok videos. Adding own sound or music to TikTok is the process of making TikTok videos with tracks from your phone's memory. The need to add own sound or music may arise when the desired track is not available in the TikTok music list. A user may also want to make a TikTok video with their own recorded audio, in such cases, you will have to add your own sound or music on TikTok.
The steps to add your own sound or music on TikTok are explained in this article.
Steps to Add Your Own Sound or Music on TikTok
1. Launch TikTok:Launching the application is the first step. To launch the TikTok application, you have to locate the application from the app drawer and tap on it once. The white color music note icon as shown below is the icon that represents TikTok application.
2. Open the "Add new" section: TikTok will automatically open in the "feed" section of the application. From the feed section you have to open the "add new" section that is represented by the "+" icon. As shown by the picture below, tap on the "+" icon once to go to the "Add new" section wherein your camera will be launched.
3. Tap on "Add a sound" option: To add the sound for the video clip, tap on the "add a sound" option as shown in the picture below. This is the option that allows you to Add your own sound or music to the video. The music menu will open after you tap this option.
4. Go to "My sound" option: The music list will open as shown n the picture below. You have to go to "my sound" option in the music list. for this, you have to tap on the option shown in the picture below. It will give you a list of all tracks in your library.
5. Locate and Add the track: The list of tracks will be displayed like in the picture. Locate the sound track that you want to add to your video by scrolling through the list. Tap on the desired track and add it by tapping on the tick option. The track is then added after which you can record a video.
Steps to Add Own Sound or Music on TikTok (Editing and Uploading the Video)
6. Choose the "Crop Track" option: If you want to trim the song, you have to first access the cropping option. As shown in the picture below, the cropping option is present at the right of the screen. Tapping on this option once will enable you to trim or crop the sound that you added.
7. Drag to set adjust the track: After you tap on the crop track option, the song appears at the bottom of the screen as shown below. You have to drag the white bars to change the track according to your need. Drag the section of the track you want the song to start at, towards the beginning.
8. Tap on the Tick to confirm: You have to use the Tick option to confirm your cropping. As shown by the picture below tap on the red color tick mark after you are satisfied with the duration of the track,
9. Film the video of your choice: After you crop the track, you need to record the video. To record the video, you can either press and hold the red color recording button as shown below or use the hands-free option and capture your video. Record the video in accordance to the song you set.
10. Confirm the recording by tapping the Tick option: After recording the video you have to then tap on the tick option. As shown below, the option is located at the bottom right corner of the screen. Tapping on this will confirm the recorded video and give you access to another formatting as well as editing options.
11. Hit the "Next" option: After you Tap on the tick option will give you the screen shown below. This is the section wherein you can add filters, effects, etc. As indicated by the arrow, Tap on the next option once you are satisfied with the editing.
12. Post the video by tapping on "post": After you tap on the "next" option gives you the following screen. This is where you can add a suitable caption as well as confirm privacy settings for the post. Tap on the "Post"option as shown below.
The steps explained in the above article will enable you to Add your own sound or music on a TikTok video. Follow all the steps carefully and you can add music from your library to your TikTok videos. You can add any song as long as it is in the music library of your phone.