When we delete any file on Google drive, it will not delete permanently. Deleted files will be deleted from Google drive permanently after 30 days. Deleted files stores in trash which is called bin in Google drive. We can empty trash in Google drive.
Let’s learn how we can empty trash in Google drive.
How to empty trash in Google drive through mobile app
Google drive is available on both Android and iPhone devices. Just see quick steps:
- Open the app: Open Google drive app. You can get inbuilt app in Android and for iPhone users, it need to be downloaded.
- Sign in to Google drive: Tap on sign in and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Tap on three bars: Tap on three bars menu at the top left corner.
- Tap on bin option: Now tap on bin option in given options.
- Tap on three dots: Here, you see all the deleted files. Tap on three dots menu at the top right corner.
- Tap on empty bin: Select ‘empty bin’ option.
- Tap on delete forever: Tap on ‘delete forever’ option and your trash will be empty. All files will be permanently deleted from Google drive.
That’s how you can empty your trash in Google drive.
How to empty trash in Google drive on desktop
You can empty trash in Google drive through your desktop as well. Just see quick steps:
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser.
- Open Google drive: Go to Drive.google.com Click on sign in and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Click on bin: Choose bin option at the left side.
- Click on down arrow: Click on down arrow sign to bin at the top right side.
- Choose empty bin: Now select ‘empty bin’ option. Click on empty bin option again in new box.
That’s how you can empty trash in Google drive.