Google drive is the storage service on google which provides the storage for your important files. You can see your data with the internet connectivity only but you can use Google drive offline. Offline mode helps you to download the data and save it in your drive. You can now use Google drive without internet connectivity.
Let’s learn how to use Google drive offline.
How to use Google drive offline in Mobile apps
Just see quick steps to understand it:
- Open the app: Google drive is available on both Android and IOS devices. You can get inbuilt app in Android and for iPhone users, it need to be downloaded.
- Sign in to Google drive: Tap on sign in and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Select the file: Now select the file in Google drive which you want to make offline.
- Tap on three bars: Tap on three bars option at the right side of the file.
- Tap on ‘available offline’: Now tap on ‘available offline’ and swipe the dot right. It will appear in blue.
That’s how you can use google drive offline in your mobile app.
How to use Google drive offline on desktop
You can use Google drive offline on desktop with the way of syncing or backup the file. Let’s understand, how you can do it
- Open your browser: Open your desktop browser.
- Open Google drive: Open Google drive and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Open ’settings’ tab: Go to settings tab at the top.
- Go to ‘get backup and sync’: Now click on ‘get backup and sync’ option.
- Click on download: A new tab will open. Click on download option in personal section in left side.
- Agree to download: A new box will pop up. Now agree to download the backup. Click on ‘agree and download’.
- Open 'installbackupandsync.exe': When it gets download, open it in your desktop. Install it and open it. Click on ‘get started’ to start it.
- Sign in with Google: Sign in with your Google account that you can connect it from your Google drive.
- Click on ‘got it’: Click on got it to confirm.
- Choose the folder to backup: Now choose the folder in your computer in which you want to save this backup.
- Choose the file size: Choose the size of the file. You can choose the high quality and original quality. Press next to confirm it.
- Complete the sync: Select the Google drive data, you want to backup in your computer. Click on the option and select your folder which you want to see offline.
Now your files will be updated in the folder, you selected. Open the folder and see it without internet connectivity.