You can recover permanently deleted files from google drive through bin section. When you delete a file, the file will automatically move to the bin section. You can recover your files within 30 days. When you delete a file, it moves to bin for 30 days. So you have to recover the file within 30 days.
Let’s learn how you can recover the files from Google drive.
How to recover files from Google drive through mobile apps
Let’s see how you can recover files on Android and IOS devices.
- Open the app: Open Google drive app. You can get inbuilt app in Android and for iPhone users, it need to be downloaded.
- Sign in to Google drive: Tap on sign in and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Tap on three bars: Tap on three bars menu at the top left corner.
- Tap on bin option: Now tap on bin option in given options.
- Select the file: Select the file you want to recover.
- Tap on three dots: Here, you see all the deleted files. Tap on three dots menu at the top right corner.
- Tap on restore: Select ‘restore’ option.
That’s how you can recover your files from Google drive.
How to recover permanently files from Google drive on desktop
You can recover files from Google drive through your desktop as well. Just see quick steps:
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser.
- Open Google drive: Click on sign in and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Click on bin: Choose bin option at the left side.
- Click on the file: Click on the file you want to recover.
- Click on ‘restore’: Click on restore.
That’s how you can recover from Google drive through desktop.