We mostly use Google maps as the direction tool. Google maps is the most used application by Google which will show you the direction as your preference. You can avoid tolls on Google maps if you are travelling by car. It will show you exactly what you want in your trip.
Steps to avoid tolls on Google maps
Let’s understand how you can avoid tolls on Google maps. You can use this feature on both desktop and mobile devices.
How to avoid tolls on Google maps through mobile app
You can avoid tolls on your mobile app as well. Just see quick steps to learn how to avoid tolls on Google maps.
- Open the app: Open ‘Google map’ which is available on Android and iPhone devices.
- Tap on the search bar: Tap on the search bar and enter the location.
- Find the exact location on map: You can drop a pin on the location.
- Tap on the location and tap ‘directions’: Now tap on ‘direction’ option when you tap on the location.
- Enter your current location or starting point: now enter the starting point in ‘Your location’ box.
- Tap on three bars: Tap on three bars menu at the top right corner of the locations.
- Tap on ‘route options’: Tap on ‘route options’ to find out about the other options.
- Choose avoid tolls: Now swipe right to the option ‘avoid tolls’. Your route has been updated avoiding tolls. Now new details will update at the bottom.
How to avoid tolls on Google maps through desktop
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser to get the clear view of Google map.
- Open Google map: Open ‘maps.google.com’ on your browser.
- Click on ‘direction’ icon: When you will open Google map, you will see direction option in the right of the search bar. Click on it.
- Enter the destinations: Now enter the destination from where you want to start with or end with. You will get the details of the trip regarding the time and distance at the below.
- Choose car transportation: You can choose your transportation from top of the page. Choose car icon there.
- Click on ‘options’: Now click on ‘options’ above the details of the trip.
- Mark the toll: Now you will see route options there. Mark toll option to avoid it. Now you will see new details avoiding tolls.
That’s how you can avoid tolls on Google maps through desktop browser.