Google map is very important application by Google for transportation. You can measure distance and take a route with the help of this app. You can measure distance on google maps through desktop or mobile platform.
Let’s learn how you can measure the distance of two locations on Google map.
How to Measure Distance on Google map App
You can measure distance on your mobile app as well. Google map is mostly used by the mobile users. Android users have extra features in Google app.
Just see quick steps to learn how to measure distance on Google maps.
- Open the app: Open ‘Google map’ which is available on Android and iPhone devices.
- Tap and hold the location: you will see a map on the app. If you have enabled the location feature on your phone that your map will locate your current location. Tap on the location and hold it for a second.
- Tap on ‘more info’: Tap on ‘more info’ option at the left bottom corner.
- Tap ‘measure distance’: now tap on ‘measure distance’ to start the process.
- Drag the map: Drag the map and select the location for you want to measure the distance from your main location.
- Tap ‘add point’: Tap on add point option at the bottom right corner. The distance can be seen at the bottom left corner.
That's how you can measure the distance of two locations on your mobile app.
How to Measure Distance on Google Maps through Desktop
Google map can be used on your desktop as well so just see quick steps to understand it.
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser to get the clear view of Google map.
- Open Google map: Open ‘maps.google.com’ on your browser.
- Click on ‘direction’ icon: When you will open Google map, you will see direction option in the right of the search bar. Click on it.
- Enter the destinations: Now enter the destination from where you want to start with or end with in both boxes respectively. You will get the distance at the below.
- Choose the type of transportation: You can select your transportation type at the top with the given icons such as by road, by train, walking. Here you can also measure distance and time.
That's how you can measure distance on Google maps.