The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare with the co-operation of State and Panchayati Raj Institutions. The objective of this scheme is to improve the financial health of farmers and make the agriculture sector a profitable business.
The Fasal Bima Yojana extends financial support to all the sharecroppers and tenant farmers who grow notified crops in the notified areas.
The scheme is compulsory for farmers who take loans from Financial Institutions for their seasonal agricultural operations(SAO). The PMFBY also aims to maximize the insurance coverage of eligible farmers from SC, ST, or Female categories.
However, the non-loanee farmers can also apply for the scheme, and receive assistance or information on modern and innovative agricultural practices. The interested farmers have to ensure their eligibility and submit the online application forms using the proper formats.
The farmers have to register online and upload the necessary digital documents to prove their eligibility for the PMFBY. The scheme includes food crops, oil seeds, and annual commercial or horticultural crops, and the insurance is provided for crop damage due to pests, diseases, natural calamities, heavy storms, etc.
The Fasal Bima Yojana is implemented across India, and farmers have to submit various documents as proof of personal, bank, and land records.
Uploadable Documents for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana:
The Central Government's PMFBY scheme is mandatory for loanee farmers and optional for non-loanees. The eligible farmers have to upload the following document files (as applicable) when they register online for the Fasal Bima Yojana.
Government ID Proof - Aadhar Card
Sown Area Records, Certified Copies of Khasra/Khata numbers
State Land Records - Land Possession Certificate, Records of Rights(RoR), etc.,
3. Fill in the active and valid mobile number on the right-hand side of the homepage.
4. Click the "Send" button to receive the one-time password (OTP) on your phone.
5. Fill in the OTP and verification code and click the 'Login' button.
6. Select the 'Farmer Application' link at the center of the homepage.
7. On the next page, Fill in the details of the 'New Application' form.
8. Fill in the form with all the details of your personal, location, land, and bank data.
9. After that, add a nominee and fill in the crop details at the end of the form.
10. Upload the necessary digital documents and make the final submission.
11. You can also save the unfinished form and log in later for uploading documents.
12. After you make the final submission, Take a print out for personal reference.
13. Keep the application number safe for tracking the application status in the future.
Additional Instructions: The applicants are instructed to apply online after reading through all the official instructions, documents, and guidelines. They have to regularly check the official website for all the latest news including notifications, declaration formats and acknowledge receipts.
The PMFBY App has also been released online, and the interested farmers can download it to their Smart Phone or Mobile Device. The App has been titled CCE Agri Mobile App, and it is in the "apk" format (Android App).