India is a globally well-connected country due to the presence of a large Diaspora in different parts of the world. Modern and educated Indians, as well as skilled workers, also travel abroad for better-paying jobs.
PCC or Police Clearance Certificate is a necessary document for Indian Passport holders with overseas plans.The PCC is issued only to those who have applied for long-term visa, or foreign immigration, employment, or residential status.
Ministry of External Affairs issues the PCC at various Regional Passport Offices of India. If you need passport and overseas visa, then you also need the latest and most relevant PCC.
Online portal known as Passport Seva offers the related services including registration, form submission, and scheduling personal appointment.
Police clearance certificate (PCC online)
You can directly visit the local district police office to apply for police clearance certificate or you can register in the official websites available for various states.
You can have a visit to the local district police office and apply for the police clearance certificate.
You can register yourself to apply for police clearance certificate. All the required documents are listed on the website, to get the police clearance certificate. or read this post How to apply online for Police clearance certificate in Delhi?
Go to the website and register yourself to get the police clearance certificate.
You have to appear at the district police station to get the police clearance certificate.
Indian Residents: Easy guide to Apply for PCC Online
Indian Residents can apply for police clearance certificate in the official Indian passport website. You can rely on the following sequence of steps to apply for PCC online-
Documents Required For PCC
Applicants who are going abroad for employment, temporary stay, or permanent residence require the PCC. Online Passport Seva service specifies the following documents (where applicable) as necessary for processing the PCC applications-
- Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages including ECR/Non-ECR page and page of observation (if any).
- Proof of Present Address (in case of change of address)
- Copy of valid visa (in case visa is already obtained) along with Official English translation if the visa is not in English.
- Self-attested copy of Employment Contract with foreign employer.
- Employment contract from the foreign employer duly attested by the Indian Mission or Permission letter from the concerned Indian Mission/Post.
- Copies of Original Employment contract, demand letter and power of attorney from the foreign employer duly attested by the Recruiting Agent (RA).
- Copy of valid registration certificate issued by the Protectorate of Emigrants, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Documentary proof of applying for Residential Status, Employment (Copy of Employment contract) or Long-term visa or for immigration.
- Sponsorship declaration by the person who is sponsoring the emigration of the PCC applicant.
Step by Step Process
- First, you have to open the official website at the following link – http://www.passportindia.gov.in/index.html
- After that, Click the ‘New User’ link to register your details.
- Existing Users can directly login into their account with user id and password.
- After that, Click the “Apply for Police Clearance Certificate” link.
- You have to carefully fill in the details of the form and submit it after verification.
- Highlight the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen.
- Next, you have to click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link.
- Schedule an appointment, and pay the fees through online mode
- Finally, Select the “Print Application Receipt” link for a hard copy.
- The receipt has Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) along with your original documents, and print out with ARN.
PCC Online Payment Options:
The applicants have to deposit a fee as per regional Passport office requirements, and they can make the Online Payment using the following options –
- Credit/Debit Card – MasterCard and Visa.
- Internet Banking (SBI & Associate Banks or Other Banks).
- State Bank of India Bank Challan.
Residing Outside of India
If someone is residing outside of India, you can apply in the nearest Indian embassy or consulate office.
If you are residing in India, but not a citizen of India, you can apply for the police clearance certificate in the local district police station.