As per new KYC (Know Your Customer) norms, it has become compulsory to link your Aadhar information with your SBI bank account. To carry out this, SBI has provided multiple options for its customers to choose from. Here are a few ways explained to link your Aadhaar card with your SBI account.
Linking Aadhar Card to SBI
Linking Aadhar to SBI Bank account by visiting SBI ATM
This is a very viable option to choose, if you have visited an SBI ATM to withdraw cash or to carry out any other action and at the same time looking to get your Aadhaar linked. This will save your time in linking you Aadhar with SBI account and you don’t have to opt for any other option to perform the following operation. Steps to follow-:
1. Visit SBI ATM- Go to an SBI ATM to carry out the procedure of your Aadhaar linking.
2. Swipe your card- Swipe your ATM card to get access to your bank account.
3. Go to “Registration”- Click on the Registration option shown on the screen and enter your four-digit ATM Pin.
4. Go to “Aadhar Registration- on the next page, you will come across various options. Here, you need to select the “Aadhar Registration”.
5. Enter your Aadhar Number- Kindly enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number, re-enter it and then finally submit it.
6. Select your Account type- On the next page, choose your account type- Savings/Current.
The transaction request will take a few seconds to proceed, after which you will be shown all the details concerned with your Aadhaar linking, confirming that your Aadhaar has been linked successfully with your SBI bank account.
Linking Aadhar to SBI Bank account online
This is a much more easy and convenient method of getting your aadhar linked since it avoids unnecessary hassle and can be implemented using your mobile or laptop. When things can get done with a touch of your hand, a lot of people prefer to choose this option and save a lot of their time.
Steps to follow-:
1. Open SBI- Open your online SBI net banking account by entering the Username and Password.
2. Go to “Link your Aadhar Number”- Click on “My Accounts & Profile” in the header menu. Now, go to “Link your Aadhar Number” in the dropdown section.
3. Enter your Aadhar Number- In the Aadhar registration page, select the account number, after which the registered mobile number with that account will be automatically entered and the last two digits of it will be displayed. Now, enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and then re-enter it. Now, click on “Submit”.
4. Enter OTP- Enter the one-time password (OTP) and click on “Submit” to finally complete the linking process.
Linking Aadhar to SBI Bank account through SBI Anywhere App
With SBI introducing the SBI Anywhere Personal App, things have got simplified for the SBI customers. Steps to follow-:
1. Open SBI Anywhere App- Open the app and type in your username and password for logging in to your SBI account. Next, accept the terms and conditions to complete the registration process.
2. Complete the Activation process- Enter the activation code sent to your registered mobile number and complete the activation process. You can also enable your “easy pin” as this will provide you with an alternate way for logging in.
3. Click on “Requests”-In your account page, click on “Requests” option.
4. Click on “Aadhar”- In the “Requests” section, click on “Aadhar” option.
5. Click on “Aadhar linking”- In the “Aadhar” option, click on “Aadhar linking”.
6. Enter your profile password- Provide your profile password to continue the procedure.
7. Select your account and provide Aadhaar details- You need to then enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number. Once you enter your Aadhaar number, you will have to re-enter it. Now you can finally click on “Submit” option.
8. Enter the One time Password (OTP)- Provide the OTP and click on “Submit" to finally complete the linking process.
Linking Aadhar to SBI Bank account by visiting SBI Branch
This is a method that was more into use in the past but now with the better options available, this method of linking Aadhaar with your bank account has become obsolete.
It generally requires standing in queues to wait for your turn and a lot of patience in dealing with SBI branch officials and hence many people have discarded this method.
Still, it is useful to know its procedure since it was the very first option used to link Aadhaar with SBI account.
Steps to follow-:
1. Visit SBI Branch- Go to your nearest SBI branch carrying a copy of your Aadhaar number.
2. Fill in a “Letter of Request”- Fill a letter of request to file a request to the SBI branch for linking your Aadhaar to your account number.
3. Submit the “letter of request”- Provide the “letter of request” and a photocopy of your Aadhaar card to the SBI branch officials.
4. Verification-The SBI branch officials will verify necessary details for proceeding for linking of your Aadhaar. After all the necessary verification, your Aadhaar will get linked to your SBI account.
You will receive a message on your registered mobile number and through you can check the necessary details provided to you and can check the seeding status.