There could be a number of reasons for your ATM card to be blocked in the midst of your day to day life. And believe me, there is no one to blame. SBI does this to save your account in case of frauds and various other cracking’s which take place to steal money from your account. Here, we will inform the steps you must follow to unblock your SBI ATM card.
1. Blocked ATM/Debit card due to wrong PIN: The first reason your bank will block your ATM card is when you enter your ATM PIN wrong 3 or more times simultaneously. This is done assuming that your card has been stolen and the suspect is trying to guess your PIN to steal your money.
In such cases, the ATM card might unlock on its own in the next 24 hours. However this might not be true for your state, city, branch, or just for you. The only way to check is to consult the SBI team via email, call, or a personal visit to your bank branch.
2. ATM/Debit card blocked by Bank: The first reason your bank will block your ATM card is when you enter your ATM PIN wrong 3 or more times simultaneously. This is done assuming that your card has been stolen and the suspect is trying to guess your PIN to steal your money.
In such cases, the card might unlock on its own in the next 24 hours. However this might not be true for your state, city, branch, or just for you. The only way to check is to consult the SBI team via email, call, or a personal visit to your bank branch.
3. Permanent Block ATM/Debit card: In this case, the bank blocks your ATM card for different reasons and it will not be unblocked on its own. This will also be the reason when you intentionally block your card in case it was stolen. The steps of which you will read below.
How To Unblock Sbi ATM Card Block Due To Wrong Pin Entered
Steps to unblock the SBI ATM card
1. Visit the SBI branch: When the ATM card does not unblock itself in the next 24 hours or you need the card urgently to work after just hours of its unblocking, you have to follow this method. This involves visiting your bank branch. The further steps are:
2. Contact Bank staff: The first thing we do when we enter a bank is, to consult a staff member of the bank about our issue. Then he/she will direct us to the specific counter and we explain our problem to the staff at that counter.
Be as precise and as clear as you can with your reasons for unblocking your ATM card. In cases of suspicion, for security reasons, they might even ask you to write a written application to the bank manager about the details of the event.
3. Fill the required form: In normal cases, they will hand you out a form and you have to fill all the details on it.
4. Attach relevant documents: When you visit your bank branch with which you have your account, you have to make sure you go with your identity proofs and documents which verify your account.
These things will be attached to your application form for unblocking your SBI ATM card. The types and names of the document may vary depending upon your case and your bank’s policies, but mostly they are normal ones like Adhar card, Pan card, etc.
5. Submit the documents and wait 24 hours: You have to submit the application form, stapled with the documents, to the counter where they tell you to. They will tell you to wait till the request would approve. This time generally varies in days.
This is just the case with debit cards, while in case of credit cards, SBI asks its customers to directly contact their helpline number and they’ll guide them.
The above steps will work most of the time, but whenever you face any bank related problems, directly concerned with your bank’s helpline number. They are there to help you.