Now you can apply Schengen visa in Mumbai city. First of all, What is Schengen visa? Schengen is a group of 26 European countries. They have signed agreements. One of them is Schengen visa. Because of this visa, you can travel through more than one country of Schengen group countries.
You don’t need to apply for the visa for each of the countries you are going to visit separately. Because of this visa, you can travel freely across the European countries.
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply for this visa- children and adults.
Where to apply?
For Schengen visa, you can apply for that nation in which your stay is the longest. Suppose you are travelling to Germany, France and Switzerland, your stay in France is of maximum days in your journey than apply to France embassy only.
As we have mentioned you don’t need to apply for all embassy individually.
Where to apply for Schengen visa in Mumbai, India-?
All the Schengen visa is done by VFS the outsourcing company appointed by Schengen group. You can get the details from its official site.
applying for Schengen visa from Mumbai make sure that the VFS office is available for the nation you are applying. Otherwise, this can be proved very tired and time-consuming to travel for visa work to another place.
The new service- The premium lounge service-The VFS has launched this new service Schengen visa in Mumbai to save time and to simplify the process-
- It will offer you refreshments.
- It will offer a separate lounge named with this service by providing staff for this service only.
- It will offer you the facilities for photocopy and photo at the centre by providing booths for it.
- In this, you will get SMS related to your application status.
- In this, your passport will be returned back via courier.
- This will offer you a faster process of your visa application.
Process- Step 1- First collects the following documents for the Schengen visa in Mumbai -
- The visa application forms filled with blue pen and two photocopies of the form.
- 4 passport size photos. The photos will be of last 6 months.
- Your passport with two blank pages and its validity must of later 3 months of your stay in the Schengen country.
- A letter in which you have to mention your visit purpose and duration with the sign.
- You have to submit the proof of the hotel bookings, journey route plans and confirmed return flight tickets.
- Proof of economy-salary slip, bank statement, income tax receipt etc.
- Travel insurance from Schengen approved Indian travel insurance company.
- A photocopy of pan card.
Step 2- Fill the application form and set an appointment to submit the form and required documents.
Step 3- After submission the visa fee and VFS service charges. You will be called by the consulate to appear for the interview where your biometric will also be taken which is mandatory.
Steps 4- After interview doesn't think that you will surely get the visa. Sometimes the applicants don’t get the visa after interview.
What is the fee for Schengen visa? The fee is 1250 rupees for each applicant at a time.
The passport collection process- The passport collection process has been changed in Mumbai centres. The third party passport will not be allowed to collect in the following case-
- Immediate family members
- Representative of a company- with authorised letter and voter ID card by head of company
- One member of a group for the whole group.
- The person on behalf of govt. India- with the authorised letter by Department head.
If anyone of the above will come to collect the passport they need to carry the following things-
- Authorization letter from applicant
- Original ICR
- Photocopy of govt. ID