Mandatorily you have to register your marriage. Even after a grand ceremony, without a marriage certificate, you will not get recognition from the government as husband and wife. As it will be useful for government’s new schemes and also in any bad condition like applying for a divorce.
The certificate is issued by the municipal corporation of great Mumbai(MCGA). just fill and submit the form online. Follow the steps below to apply for the certificate online. If you have already registered in the site below, you can directly skip to the 8th step.
Marriage Certificate Mumbai
1. Go to the site: Go to this website and click on the signup option. This site can also be used for more options like
- Registering Birth
- Registering Death
2. Select Option 2: There are two options there, one is to enter details through Aadhaar online another one is by entering the data manually. You select the second option for convenience.
3. Fill in the Applicant details: Name, DOB with other details etc.
4. Next fill the Address: Street name, Landmark, District, and village.
5. Mobile verification & User password: Enter the number in the field and click send OTP option. After receiving the OTP in your mobile, enter in the site to complete registration. Then select a unique username with password. Password must contain an uppercase letter, a special character and numeric. At least seven and a maximum of 20 characters.
6. Attach Document: For ID proof and address proof, select one from the list and upload the soft copy of the certificates.
7. Submit to signup: Now check the box for agreements and then click on submit. After submitting the details, you will be shown a confirmation of the registration
8. Login: Go to the homepage and login with credentials.
9. Enter the facility: Now in the search type the service you want to register for. In this context, you will have to type marriage registration.
10. Apply for the certificate: Click Apply and pay the corresponding fee you have to pay for the online marriage certificate.
11. Get the Certificate: Go to register office after applying online, to collect the certificate
What if I have lost marriage certificate?
You can go to registrar office and get a duplicate copy by submitting an application and corresponding fee.
In this article, we learn way of online application to get a marriage certificate. It is better to register your marriage, immediately after the marriage ceremony, to avoid unnecessary delay in the certifying process.