Some People say proverbs like ‘Marriages are fixed in the heaven’. If so, does it give legal power to you? Oops! Not in this world, and we all know that it is liable to the law in the register office. Apart from the marriage ceremony, marriage is fixed by law and will help you in legal problems you may face in the latter part of life.
Court marriage (Love marriage) is now very casual in India as against the grand arranged marriages All you have to do is to register online and visit the court office.
Guide: Court Marriage Mumbai
If both parties are not belonging to different religion, one of the parties must convert themselves to the other religion. Otherwise, it will become an illegal action. See here. Affidavit are to be printed on the 100 Rs. Court stamp paper.
What are all the things that are important for court marriage in Mumbai
- Groom must be at least 21 years old
- Bride should be at least 18 years old
- Both are willing in this marriage
- Not having valid marriage as of now
- Both are fit for procreation
- Not in prohibited relationship
What are all not so concerning?
- Both Parents Consent
Documents Needed for court Marriage: Mumbai
- Form D
- For both groom or bride: Age of Proof, submit any one of the certificates
- SSLC certificate
- School or college leaving certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- SSC or HSC Certificate
- Anyone of the Address Proof mentioned below should be submitted
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Electricity bill (in the name of person
- Telephone bill
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof of witness (Any one of the documents mentioned above
- Address proof of witness 2 (Anyone above)
- Address proof of witness 3 (Anyone above)
- Copy of Wedding card
- Name and signature of the priest
- Passport size Photographs of groom and bride.
Follow the steps below to get your details registered with court marriage
1. Open your browser and type the website, and enter go.
2. Change the language to English, by clicking on the option at the upper right corner.
3. Now click on online services and select Marriage Registration.
4. Now you will be asked to fill the Form D.
5. Next enter Husband details.
6. Then enter the wife details.
7. Next, fill up the priest details.
8. Finally, fill the witness details. You need to enter three witnesses.
After finishing the online registration, groom and bride have to visit court marriage office. In the office, after priest solemnizing, you have to sign on the appropriate boxes, submit the documents and court fee stamp of Rs. 100. For Muslim people, they have to submit nikahnaama.