If you want to visit Europe then you must be familiar with the word Schengen Visa and Schengen Visa India. Before applying for Schengen visa from India, some basic points. What is Schengen visa? First, you should know what is Schengen.
Schengen is a group of 26 countries of Europe and this name Schengen is named after Schengen agreement held among these countries. According to this agreement, citizens can move freely in the Schengen area because the boundaries among 26 countries had abolished due to international traveling reasons. So the visa for Schengen area is called Schengen visa.
Today we will tell you how to apply for Schengen visa from India. We will discuss the step by step process. Here we go-
The Schengen Countries List
First of all, you must know about the countries’ names which are part of Schengen. Here is the complete list-
- Czech Republic
Schengen Visa- Schengen visa is a document by the help of this documents you can travel to the Schengen area or in Schengen countries.
Suppose you are going first to France and then to Germany, in this case, you don’t have to get the visa for both countries.
Simply apply for the Schengen visa which gives you the freedom to travel freely in both countries. Schengen visa has different types.
But before talking about Schengen visa’s types you should have knowledge of categories. Have a look-
Schengen Visa India - Cost
Schengen Visa Fees for (Adult) - 4600 INR (60 Euro) Schengen Visa Fees for (Child between 06-12 years of age) - 2700 INR (35 Euro) Schengen Visa Fees for below 06 years of age - No visa fee
Documents required for applying Schengen Visa India
- The user can either download the application form online or fill them or they can fill the form online or take a copy of it.
- The user should carry the passport along with the copies of previous visit Visa copies provided the Passport should possess minimum two empty pages.
- A cover letter stating the need to visit the place and their schedule.
- They should also provide the details such as flight reservations dates’ arrival and departure date along with flight numbers.
- Accommodation proof should be given such as hotel booking.
If the individual is employed: The person must carry bank statement for the past 6 months, employment bond, Income tax return certificate, and Leave permission obtained from the employer.
If the individual is self-employed: The applicant should produce the bank statement for past 6 months, business license, and income tax returns.
If the individual is student: The student should produce the proof of admission and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the school or university where he/she studies.
If individual is retired: He/she should carry the pension statement for the past 6 months.
How to apply for Schengen visa from India
Now we will explain the process how to apply for Schengen visa from India. For this, we are taking an example supposes you want to go to France and you want Schengen visa from India. Here is the process-
1. Visit official website: The France embassy in India has handed over the visa work to the third party named VFS. It is an Indian company. You visa related details will be available on this site if you apply for.
Its official link is www.vfs-france.co.in/. Remember it is very important to know which embassy you should apply. If your stay in France for 6 days and then you have to go to the Germany for 3 days then you should apply to France embassy.
Note- If you applied in the wrong embassy don’t worry as soon the embassy will realize it is not in its power then it will return your documents and fee and also tell you where to apply.
2. Download Schengen form: Download the visa application form from the VFS site. All the forms of different embassies have some questions, but the required documents will be the same.
The application form official is given here. At this page different forms are available for different visa purposes.
3. Schengen visa documents: After filling the forms you must know about the required documents. For Schengen visa from India, the following documents are required-
- The visa application forms filled with blue pen and two photocopies of the form. See details about Schengen Visa Photo Requirements.
- 4 passport size photos with the black background. The photos should be new (max. 6 months).
- Your passport with two blank pages and its validity must be minimum 3 months.
- A letter in which you have to mention your visit purpose and duration with a sign.
- You have to submit the proof of the hotel bookings, journey route plans and confirmed return flight tickets.
- Proof of economy-salary slip, bank statement, income tax receipt etc.
- Travel insurance from Schengen approved Indian travel insurance company.
- A photocopy of pan card.
4. Schengen visa Fees: After the required documents here comes the fee. Each of embassies accepts fee by two modes-cash and draft. The fee structure is given below-
- Children below 6 years- No fee is required.
- Children between 6 -12 years- 2000-2700 INR per person.
- Adults-4000-4600 per person.
- Students, pupils and teachers going to stay for studying or research or training- No fee is required.
- A representative of non-profit org, sports, cultural and educational events, conferences or seminar, Age 25 years or less- No fee is required.
5. Submit Schengen visa form: After required documents and fee here comes the submission of documents. One thing we should tell you that prepares documents a month ago before the submission. As the process takes time and you should have booked it in advance.
6. Take appointment: When you are submitting your documents the embassy will charge a minimum handling fee which you have to submit online.
This fee is non-refundable and varies to the embassy to embassy. So it should be better to make an appointment when you are fully prepared with the details.
7. Face interview: After the submission of the documents, you have to appear for the interview. One who have to travel on Schengen visa from India.
Be well prepared and try to convince the authority that you want a visa for good intention while interview process.
Schengen Visa India is one unique sort of visitor visa which empowers either travel through or expected remains inside the region of the Schengen Member States for the span of most extreme 90 days.
People who hold Indian passport can apply for Schengen Visa in any 26 states of India.
Schengen Visa Category
- A category- this category refers to the Airport Transit Visa. That means if a person travels from the international zone, he can travel to Schengen Airport Area without entering the Schengen country. If a person changes his flight in Schengen airport area, but he is traveling to the non-Schengen country to non-Schengen country then this A category visa is mandatory.
- B category- this category refers to the Transit Visa. That means if a person is having this visa within no more than 5 days, he can not travel to more than one Schengen country to non-Schengen country by any means of transport and
- C category- this kind of visa is of short validity and with this visa, a person can stay in Schengen country for his visa validity period.
Schengen Visa Types
- USV or Uniform Schengen Visa- this visa allows a person to travel and reside one from Schengen member country to any desired territory for maximum 90 days. For this purpose, the uniform Schengen visa applies to the all the above categories.
- LTV Limited Territorial Validity Visa- this visa allows a person to travel and reside only in that Schengen country you have applied for. While you have been applying for this visa, you have to mention it in the form.
- National Visa- this visa is given to those only who are studying or working or residing in one of the Schengen countries permanently. These are counted in category D. This visa can also have a single entry because the person having this will return to his place back after a certain period of time.
"In excess of 700,000 applications for Schengen Visa India were put together by Indians in 2015, as per late measurements.”.
Altogether, 708,386 Schengen visas were presented by Indians in 2015, or 140,170 more entries contrasted with the earlier year.
From the aggregate entries, just 45,811 visas were rejected. When an individual applies for a Schengen Visa India so as to move to at least one of the Schengen Zone nations, there are a few necessities one needs to build up preceding the application.
In the event that you want to movement to in excess of one Schengen nation its best on the off chance that you apply at the Embassy of the nation you will remain with respect to the living days.