You are working in Qatar and passport is going to expire. Here step by step guide. how to renew your passport while in Qatar. Note- you are advised to apply for renewal before 3 months of the expiry of passport. Here is the complete process-
Required Documents for Indian passport renewal in Qatar–
you will need the following documents for renewal of Indian passport-
- Filled form
- Old passport copies and original
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Qatar ID
- Prescribed charges
Step 1- First of all you have to download the form of renewal of passport from this link. This is the official link of Indian embassy of Qatar. You can also get this form from the office of passport without any charge.
Step 2- After clicking the link the form will open which will carry the following details to be filled-
- First of all, you have to put your signature or thumb impression on the top box of the form.
- Then paste you passport size photo of size 51mm*51mm on the form.
- Then fill the amount you have paid for the renewal and then how the amount is going to be paid through cash or card or net banking.
- Then fill step by step the details. First is applicant’s full name.
- Aliases, if any-
- Has applicant changed his name his/her name then fill that full name,
- Maiden name if married.
- Date of birth, birth place, Country, Sex-F/M
- Height, Color of eyes, Hair
- Visible mark of identification,
- Present address- India, Qatar
- Name of father, country of his birth
- Name of mother, country of his birth
- Nationality of father at the time of applicant’s birth
- Nationality of mother at the time of applicant’s birth
- Name and nationality of wife/husband
- Name of applicant’s eldest son or daughter (first child)
- Name of applicant’s of eldest siblings
- Present passport no. place & date of issue, valid till
- Local driving licence no.date & place of issue, valid till
- Ministry of Interior ID card no.
- Educational qualification
- Leaving date from India and when he/she was last in India
- How long the applicant has resided abroad
- Present emigration status
- Profession and business address
- If citizen is Indian by birth/registration/naturalization
- Did the citizen possess any other nationality or travel document of any other country
- Was the applicant ever refused an Indian passport
- Was applicant’s passport ever revoked
- Name of two relatives or friends and their address
- Is applicant a government employees
- Is applicant hold any criminal record
- Have the applicant ever been repatriated from abroad to India on the government expense
- of lost or damaged passport, place of issue, date of issue, valid until
- Briefly, state circumstances of theft/loss on a paper and attach a copy of lodged police report with the form
- Did the applicant avail the facility of transfer of residence, foreign travel scheme on the lost passport
- Is the applicant is a member of Indian mission or any other Indian organisation
- Then there is a declaration, you have to put your signature on it along with a photograph.
- In case of minor, the details of father and mother passport are required in the form including a declaration and signature of both parents
Address for Indian embassy in Qatar- Villa No.19, Street No. 828, Area no. 42, Wadi Al Neel, Al-Halaal Area, Doha.
Step 3- The consular office opens between 9 am to 12.15 pm from Sunday to Thursday. You can go to the office along with the form and all the required documents.
Step 4- While in queue at the first window all your documents will be verified. You will get your documents back along a token.
Step 5- Wait for your token no. on the screen and after that go to the document submitting window and pay the fee there.
Step 6- The receipt you will receive after paying the fee have mentioned the date of issuance of the new passport.
Step 7- you can collect the passport on that date between 4.00 pm to 5.15 pm on working days.
Telephone no. for all inquiries-44255777