To get admission in IISC Bangalore is a matter of pride. Indian Institute of Science (IISC) is one of the biggest institutes for higher education in science, engineering, management and design. It is based in Bangalore, India. It was founded in the year 1909. It is also known as the "Tata Institute". This institute has over 40 departments under six bigger divisions: Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Electrical Sciences, Interdisciplinary Research, Mechanical Sciences, and Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Here we will shed some light on how to get admission in IISC Bangalore
Some of the main courses offered by IISC are –
Doctoral degree programs
- Ph D in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences disciplines.
- Ph D External Registration programme (ERP)
Masters degree programs
- Masters in Technology / M. Designing
- Masters in management
Bachelors degree programs
- Bachelor of Science (Research)
- 5 Yr-Master of Science course in six disciplines: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Material Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
Let’s talk about how to get Admission in IISC Bangalore - The institution offers UG, PG, Research & PhD courses in various fields. Admission into these courses is done through JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, CEED, JAM, KVPY and other examinations The IISC Bangalore does not conduct any entrance test exclusively but it does organizes aptitude test & interview for PG & research courses Admission to IISC Bangalore for PhD program is based on
- GATE / NET results,
- career records, and
- Personal one-to-one Interviews in the campus
Read about GATE and NET in brief- GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to various post-graduate education programs NET - National Eligibility Test – NET is a test that is used to determine eligibility lectureship and for Junior Research Fellowship. UGC NET qualification is divided into the following steps:
- Candidate should have scored minimum 55% in total to General and 50% to others categories in master's degree.
- Candidates have to score more than the cutoff marks to be able to participate in JRF.
For all qualified and eligible candidate - Interviews are held for the candidates based on the marks scored in GATE or NET entrance test. Admission to IISC Bangalore for Master’s Degree program is based on
For course oriented degrees –
- M.E. And M.Tech. – The admission is also done through GATE entrance score conducted every year. Specifically -For research-oriented degree – M.Tech (Research)—the admission is through the GATE.
- Master of Management
For Master of Management, the admission to IISC Bangalore is done on the basis of CAT.
- Master of Designing
Admission to M.Design is based on the results of the GATE or the CAT. Read about CAT in brief CAT - Common Admission Test – It is an e-assessment annual test.
- To be able to appear for CAT – Candidate should score atleast 50% or equal CGPA in the college or Bachelor degree.
Admission to IISC Bangalore for B.sc Graduate is based on Bachelor of Science graduates can get admission to integrated PhD programs at IISC through the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.(IIT JAM). Read about JAT in brief Joint entrance Test scores are one single test that helps judge the eligibility of candidates to get admitted to different M.Sc., M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual-degree and other post-graduate courses based on merit score in this test. Points to remember -
- Candidates applying forTech. OR M.Des. can specify the preferences for a 5 disciplines.
- Candidates applying forM Mgt or a sponsored M.Tech Program have only one option under Management Studies.
- Research program candidate can specify 3 departments
- Ph D candidates are allowed to indicate preferences for a maximum of 2 disciplines.
- Only Please submit only one application, more than one application will be straight away rejected.
- Make sure that the Application is fully complete.