UP Government hands out a monthly pension to older people who are above 60 years of age. As per the latest figures, more than 38 lakh beneficiaries receive cash in the form of a monthly bank deposit.
How much money will you get?
The elderly people receive a sum in the range of Rs 300/- to Rs 500/- every month under the scheme, known as Vridha pension. Online UP portal has the additional details of the pension scheme, and interested candidates should apply on this website.
What is the procedure?
The eligible pension seekers have to submit online application forms and upload the necessary digital documents in specified formats and sizes. The applications are scrutinized by the respective Gram Panchayats, Deputy Collectors, and District Magistrates, and only eligible pensioners are selected for the Vridha Pension scheme. The selected pensioners also have to appear in person at the respective offices during the months of May and June of every year to prove their living status.
Required Uploadable Documents for Registration:
Old aged people with proper credentials such as address and ID card are eligible for the Vridha pension. Online UP registration requires the interested candidates to upload the following digital documents as proof –
- Passport size photo in JPEG format and up to 20KB in size.
- Date of Birth or Age Certificate in the PDF file format.
- Identity proof in PDF file format (Voter Id, Aadhar card, Ration Card).
- Bank Passbook and Income Certificate from Recognised Authority in PDF format.
- All the PDF files have a maximum size limit of 100KB only.
Process to Apply for Vridha Pension Online UP
Eligible people who are in their old age can apply online for their Vridha pension Online UP website species the following sequence of steps for interested applicants-
1. First, you have to open the official website at the following link- http://sspy-up.gov.in/IndexOAP.aspx
Go through the official instructions of the scheme and start your application process.
2. Click the ” ऑनलाइन आवेदन करें “link in the ‘Apply Now’ section of the homepage.
3. On the next page, you have to click the ‘New Entry Form’ link on the left side.
4. The application form of the old age pension scheme is displayed on the new page.
5. Fill in the personal details of the form and upload scans of passport size photo.
6. After that, Upload the digital files for proof of Date of Birth and ID.
7. Fill in the details of bank and income category, and upload the digital files of passbook and income certificate.
8. Check all the input details and click the ‘Save’ button at the end of the form.
9. A ‘Registration No.’ is shown on the next screen as an acknowledgment slip.
10. Finally, you have to take a print out of this slip for future reference.