For the welfare of backward caste and extremely backward caste, the govt of Bihar has started the facility of a different kind of scholarship for Bihar welfare. Bihar is a little bit backward in the field of growth. The poverty rate is high and the result is low level of education because of lack of money.
There is scholarship after 10th and 12th class also. The student which is in eligibility criteria can apply easily by online mode and can continue her/his study. Have a look-
The Bihar govt has facilitated the following scholarship programs with the price limits for welfare in Bihar-
- For class 1st-4th – 50 rupees monthly,
- For class 5th and 6th-100 rupees monthly,
- For class 7th-10th– 150 rupees monthly,
- For hostel from 1st-10th– 250 rupees monthly,
- For class 10th – 2000 rupees annually,
- For graduation- B.A,B.Com or B.sc- 5000 rupees annually
- For post graduation –M.A, M.com, M.sc, M. Phil, Ph.D. – 5000 rupees annually,
- For ITI courses- 5000 rupees annually,
- For three-year diploma courses- 10000 annually,
- For Management/medical or any other equivalent course- 15000 rupees annually.
Eligibility criteria- There are different terms and conditions for eligibility different course-
- The limit of percentage in 12th class should be 80%. If the student has less than 80% then she/he will not be considered for the scholarship.
- The annual income of student’s parents should not be more than 1 lakh. If yes, then she/he can get this scholarship.
- The students of govt. school/colleges/universities/institutions will be given the preferences in getting a scholarship.
- The student must be from one of the backward caste or extreme backward caste category only then she/he can apply for this scholarship.
Required documents- while applying for the scholarship you will require the following documents-
- Proof of the examination you have passed lately. The mark sheet is the quite applicable.
- The fee details of the institution you are going for admission.
- A valid caste certificate which has proof that you are from reserved category. For caste certificate, we already explain here how to get cast certificate online in Bihar.
- An income certificate which states that your parents’ annual income is not more than 1 lakh.
- Your passport size photo and your signature.
- Affidavit by the parents (the performance can be downloaded from the site.)
- A proof of permanent address.
Make sure that the size of uploaded documents can’t be more than 200KB.
Process for scholarship for Bihar welfare-
Step 1- Before opening the welfare in Bihar site make sure you are using google chrome or opera browser because the online form will not be opened in any other browser. One more important thing is only online forms will be accepted.
Step 2- Go to the official site by Bihar government for Bihar welfare bcebcwelfare.bih.nic.in/
Step 3- at the homepage of the site there will be given many options. There will be options blinking on the screen. Suppose you are going to apply for post metric scholarship then the link will be available at the screen click on that.
Step 4- after clicking on that option a separate window will be opened when the instruction will be given.
Step 5- first of all you have to register yourself for the scholarship. The registration will require the following things-
- Applicant name,
- Applicant father name,
- Date of birth,
- Mobile number,
- Email id,
- Aadhar card,
- Permanent address.
After filling all the above details you will be provided a user id and a password then log in with the given user id and password. Without it, you cannot fill the form.
Step 6- Once you get login a form will appear on the screen. In the form, the following things will be asked to fill (details on the basis of 10th class mark sheet)
- Applicant name,
- Date of birth,
- Applicant’s father name,
- Date of birth,
- Category according to caste certificate.
- The annual income of applicant’s parents- income affidavit,
- Permanent address,
- Institution/college/university name.
Helpline- If you get any kind of query related to scholarship you can call at the following number-
or you can email at the following email address-
Timing and working days of the office-
10.00am to 6.00pm. Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Note- the scholarship scheme runs for a fix time period and has the last date. You are advised to do all the formalities and submit it within the given period or your application will be rejected. The notification mentions the last date clearly.
How to check the status of post matric scholarship
Step 1- Go to the official site by Bihar government for Bihar welfare
Step 2- then at the homepage at the bottom of the right side you will see the option ‘Check the status of post metric scholarship.’ Click on that.
Step 3- after that, a separate page will be opened where you will be asked to fill the application number provided after the submission of scholarship form. Then click on submit.
Step 4- at the next minute, your details related to your scholarship will be appeared on the screen.
So, by this way you can also apply for the scholarship which is a noble step of welfare in Bihar. The govt is also running schools with hostels for the backward caste and extremely backward caste students,
where students are provided all the basic facilities on the expense of govt funds. The efforts are working successfully in the state and making a big difference.