Google drive has a good amount of storage that you can easily post a file with big size. You can upload a video on Google drive. It depends on the size. Google drive is all about the uploading memories and important stuffs so it’s pretty sure that you will not upload a bigger file which is containing more than 15 GB.
So, let’s learn how you can upload a video on Google drive.
Note: Remember, Google drive storage is 15 GB so do check the storage first to clarify that your video will upload in drive or not.
- You can see your current storage on desktop at the left side in the end, when you open Google drive.
- Let’s quickly understand how you can see your storage in your mobile app:
- Open Google drive: Open Google drive and sign in with your account.
- Tap on three bars: Tap on three bars menu at the top left corner.
- Tap on storage: Now tap on ‘storage’ option at the bottom. Here, you can see your current storage.
Choose the video according to the storage. Make a space for your video if your storage is not sufficient.
Steps to upload a video on Google drive
You can do it on both desktop and mobile devices. Let’s see these steps on both versions.
How to upload a video on Google drive through mobile devices
Google drive is available on both Android and iPhone. Let’s learn how you can upload a video through mobile app.
- Open the app: You can get inbuilt app in Android and for iPhone users, it need to be downloaded.
- Sign in to Google drive: Tap on sign in and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Tap on plus sign: Now tap on plus sign at the bottom right corner.
- Tap upload: Tap on ‘upload’ option.
- Select the file: Now select the video from your camera roll. Tap on upload at the right side.
Now your video will be uploaded on Google drive. It will take some time.
How to upload a video from Google drive camera
You can record a video directly from google drive camera and upload it there. Just see quick steps:
- Open Goggle drive: Open Google drive and sign in with your account.
- Tap on plus tab: Tap on plus sign tab at the bottom.
- Tap ‘use camera’: Tap on ‘use camera’ option at the right corner.
- Enable the access to your phone: Enable the access of camera and microphone to get the better quality.
- Record the video: Swipe left to record the video. If you are not happy with the video, tap on ‘retake’ option at left corner and record it again.
- Tap ‘use video’: Tap on ‘use video’ option at the bottom right corner.
That’s how you can use Google drive to directly upload a video.
How to upload a video on Google drive through desktop
Let’s see how you can upload a video from your desktop. Just see quick steps:
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser.
- Open Google drive: Click on sign in and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Click on plus sign: Now click on plus sign at the top left corner.
- Click on ‘file upload’: You will see some options such as upload folder, Goggle docs etc. Click on ‘upload’ option.
- Select the video: Now select the video from your computer and upload it.
That’s how you can upload a video on Google drive easily.