It is not a difficult task to transfer WhatsApp from android to android. Suppose you got a brand new phone. You must be now worrying about losing all your chat history. But you don't need to worry. This article will provide you with a step by step guide about how to transfer WhatsApp and messages from one android to another.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Chats From Old Android To New Android!
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android using Google Drive
To transfer WhatsApp from android to android using Google Drive, you must have your device synced with it. Apart from that, you must have enough space on your phone to store the WhatsApp file.
1. Open WhatsApp - Open WhatsApp on your old android phone.
2. Go to Settings - Go to settings from the three-dot option on your top right corner.
3. Do Chat Backup - Click on chat. Then head over to chat backup and do your backup.
4. Add Google Account on New Device - You have successfully backup your WhatsApp messages on your old android phone.
Add the same google account on your new device because you need the backup on your new android.
Do not change any details in your new Google account. For instance, give the same mobile number in both the devices.
5. Install WhatsApp - Open your new android device and install WhatsApp Messenger there.
6. Restore Data on Google Drive - Now you will have to verify your phone number but don't change your phone number.
Make sure to use your old details and nothing else for that matter. You will now have to restore your message and media files from google drive.
7. Transfer Complete - WhatsApp will now automatically restore your media files but only after the chat restoration has been done.
Steps to use Local Backup to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android
The first method to transfer WhatsApp from android to android is via the method of local backup. Every night at 2.00 a.m WhatsApp does this automatic backup.
You can find this folder either in your SD card or your internal memory itself. Refer to the steps below to transfer WhatsApp from android to android.
1. Open WhatsApp - Open WhatsApp Messenger on your old android phone.
2. Go to Settings - Click on the three-dot menu on the top right corner of your screen. Tap on settings from there.
3. Do Chat Backup - From settings, open the chat option. It is the second one from the top. Press chat backup after choosing chat.
4. Tap Chat Backup - Here you will do the chat backup on your old device. This backup will later help you to transfer WhatsApp from your old Android to the new one.
5. Backup Done - You have successfully backed up your messages on your android phone now.
6. Open WhatsApp on New Android Device - Install WhatsApp on your new Android device and open it.
7. Put External SD Card from old Android to the new one - You need to put your external SD Card into your new Android device from your old one.
This will be fruitful only if you have backed up your messages with the help of an external SD card.
8. Transfer WhatsApp Database Folder - If the backup on your phone has been done through the medium of internal memory, you need to follow this.
Firstly, relocate the WhatsApp SD card folder from your old device to the new one.
9. Connect USB Cable - With the help of a USB cable, connect both the devices to your desktop.
The next step will be to open the WhatsApp Database folder of the old android phone on your PC.
This is the place where all the WhatsApp backup files are located. Copy that file onto your desktop. From there copy that file onto your new Android phone.
10. Run WhatsApp - Open your new android phone and run WhatsApp there. Carefully verify the previously used mobile number. Or else the backup will not be done.
11. Tap Restore - Right after mobile number verification, you will receive a notification saying a message backup has been found. Press restore then.
And by doing this, you have successfully transferred WhatsApp from one android to another.
Note to Remember
If you don’t have an SD card, your backup’s will be stored inside WhatsApp/databases folder. Grab the latest one and place in your device then repeat the above-given steps from No. 9
Google Drive is an extremely useful application but there is limited space there. While transferring WhatsApp from one android to another some mishap can happen like data loss for instance.
You need to make sure that your phone, as well as google drive, has enough storage to restore all the data and media files.