Everyone likes to have a new phone, whether it’s Android or iPhone. Getting a new device with different operating software makes it inconvenient to keep up the stored data. Same happens with WhatsApp chats. This brings us the need to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone and vice versa.
Here we are going to suggest you some simple procedures to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
How to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone using Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service, it basically expands your ability to store files. This service syncs stored documents, photos and more across all of the user's devices, including mobile devices, tablets and PCs.
It works on both Android and iPhone. Therefore, you can restore WhatsApp backup on your iPhone using Google Drive.
1. Open WhatsApp – Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
2. Go to Settings - Tap on the three dots on the right upper corner of the screen and then tap on “Settings” in the drop-down list.
3. Go to Chats– Click on “Chats” from the options on the screen.
4. Choose Chat backup – Under “Chat Settings”, there will be list of options. Tap on “Chat backup” from the listed options.
5. Back up the data– On the following screen there will be a message, read it carefully. After reading the message tap on “BACK UP”. It will create a backup of your WhatsApp data in your Google drive.
6. Uninstall WhatsApp – Uninstall WhatsApp on your Android device.
7. Install WhatsApp on iPhone– Install WhatsApp on your iPhone from Appstore. Go to Appstore and tap on “Search” on the lower right corner of your screen. Type “WhatsApp” on the Search bar. Install the app from the results shown.
8. Download and install Gmail: Before starting restoring process make sure you installed Gmail in your iPhone and login with same email id where your backup is store.
9. Open WhatsApp– Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and verify your phone number.
10. Restore Chats– After Verifying phone number, it will ask you to restore data from Google drive account. Allow it to do so. Your WhatsApp chats will be transferred.
How to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone using Email
You can transfer your WhatsApp chats using Email as well. It is very to transfer chats using Email but it does not let you restore WhatsApp chats on your iPhone. It just lets you view your old WhatsApp chats on your Email address.
To follow this procedure, you need to have an email address.
1. Open WhatsApp – Launch WhatsApp on your Android device and tap on the three dots on the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Go to Settings – Click on “settings” from the drop-down list and the settings window will appear on your screen.
3. Go to Chat settings – Tap on “Chat settings” and then tap on “Chat history” from the options listed.
4. Open Export Chat – Click Export Chat to open it. Choose the chat that you want to have on your iPhone.
Once you have chosen the chat that you want to save there will be a pop-up window saying “Including media will increase the size of the chat export”.
Below this message there will be two Options, “Without Media” and “Include Media”. Select one as per your need and then Select Gmail from the options.
5. Enter Email address – Enter email address in the sending interface and then click “Send”.
The process is completed. You can log into your Email on your new iPhone to check and view the WhatsApp chats. This procedure is not good for mass transfer as it lets you email one contact at a time.