Rooting a phone may come as a necessity anytime as it is very important to root your phone if you want to have the OS level access and control on your phone. If you root Redmi note 3, it will allow you or will give you control to things that you never had before.
For example, some of the apps in your phone are by default saved in the phone memory. If you root Redmi note 3 you can move those apps to memory card. And then there are many other things like updating the phone or so.
There are certainly limitations and a huge risk involved as well if you are doing it for the first time. Here we are going to explain how to root Redmi note 3. Perform following steps to root your Redmi note 3
Consequences of rooting
- Your phone warranty gets abolished.
- Your phone can get destroyed/bricked/dead- This happens if you move incorrect apps.
- There is no certainty that your phone’s performance will be improved.
- There are more chances of virus. And in a rooted phone virus gets access to root level that can harm you unimaginably.
Precautions and measures
- Install a good anti virus
- Never move apps like – widgets, system tools, pre-installed apps. It may not function properly after you move.
- Take back up of all the important existing data on your phone.
- Your phone should be charged 100%.
- You will need a PC, so a proper power back up is necessary for the PC.
Steps to root Redmi note 3
1. From a reliable source you will need to Download and install Redmi Note 3 ADB driver on your PC. ADB stands for Android Debugging Bridge 2. Connect your mobile to the PC using data cable. Enable Developer option and USB debugging phase on your Redmi note 3
- How to get to Developer option- Setting >About Device>MIUI Version> after clicking on it for multiple times – you will get a message - You're now a developer!"
- How to enable USB debugging –Setting>Additional Setting> USB debugging and enable it.
3. Download and copy SUDO Zip file in the phone memory card.
- Sudo means super user do, meaning a administrative access.
- Name of the file - “SuperSU.zip”
- You can choose to download the file from- -flashable-
4. Download and run TWRP Recovery and Fast-boot tool
- Download TWRP image using the link provided - https://dl.twrp.me/kenzo/
- Easiest available option to download fast boot tool -
5. Move TWRP Recovery (recovery.img) file in the Fast-boot tool folder. It is in the "C:\program files\minimal ADB and fast boot" folder
6. Press Shift key + right click in the Fast boot folder which is in the program files folder of C: partition, and select “Open command window here”.
7. Now, in order to complete the process press volume down and power button in your mobile . With a vibration sound the Redmi note 3 will boot in recovery mode.
9. Type "ADB devices" in the command window
10. You will be able to see the names or connected devices and your Redmi note 3 serial number. If permission is asked in the mobile, select allow option.
11. Reboot to Boot loader by typing "adb reboot bootloader" in the command window
12. Type "fastboot flash recovery.img" command in the command window
13. Now reboot the phone by typing "fastboot reboot" in the command window. Now, in the TWRP interface click on install button and select “SuperSU.zip”file from your save location on your phone SD card.
14. Restart your phone. 15. Now you have successfully rooted your phone.
Some of the important things to remember
- This process is very typical and if you are not an expert or does not have enough knowledge do not try to root your phone as by one single mistake you can lose your phone forever.
- You can always unroot your phone and get back the warranty that will get abolished if you root your phone
- Your data may be lost, so it is very important to take the back up.
- You may need to install custom recovery but that can make your phone even vulnerable.
- If there are some auto updates pushed to your Redmi phone, do not install those. as that may automatically unroot your phone and then you will not be able to root it for long time.
- Always remember to note the serial number of your phone in advance and make sure that EFS folder is intact, safe and backed up.
- Root is great way to use your phone to fullest, but little knowledge can be dangerous so take each step with caution.