Sometimes, you face the privacy concern for your Gmail account and you want to change the password. You need to do it because professionally, you strictly require this. Sometimes you lost your phone and forget the password so you want to change or reset Gmail password.
Steps to reset the Gmail password:
You can change the password on desktop or mobile easily. These are the steps to understand that how can you reset the Gmail password on various devices.
How to change password on Android devices
- Open the settings: Open your phone’s settings tab.
- Tap ‘google’: Scroll down and tap ‘google’ option at bottom.
- Tap ‘google account: Tap on the option of ‘google account’ at top. Select the account in ‘choose the account’ option.
- Tap security and the password next: Tap the option of ‘security’ and tap the ‘password’ next.
- Enter your password: Type your current password and tap next.
- Type your new password: Type your new password twice and confirm it.
- Tap ‘change password’: Now tap the option of ‘change password’ to confirm the process. Your password has been changed.
How to reset Gmail password on iPhone or IOS devices
- Open Gmail app: Open your Gmail app in your iPhone. Log in to your account.
- Tap three bars menu: Tap three bars menu option at the top left corner.
- Tap ‘settings’: Scroll down and tap the option settings at the bottom. Select your account.
- Tap ‘manage your Google account’: Tap the option of ‘manage your Google account’ at the top of the options.
- Tap ‘sign in security’: Tap the option of ‘sign in security’.
- Tap ‘password’: Tap the ‘password’ option and type your current password.
- Tap ‘sign in’: Tap the option of ‘sign in’ next.
- Type your new password: Type your new password and confirm it again.
- Tap ‘change password’: Now tap ‘change password’ to confirm the process. Your password has been changed.
How to reset Gmail password on Desktop
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser on your desktop.
- Open the Gmail: Open the ‘gmail.com’ website and log in to your Gmail account with typing your mail ID and password.
- Tap the settings icon: When you open your Gmail account, you will see an icon of settings at the right corner at top.
- Tap the ‘settings’ option: Now tap the option of ‘settings’ from the several options.
- Tap the ‘accounts and import’ option: A new page will open where you see all settings. Tap on the option ‘accounts and settings’ at the top horizontal line.
- Tap ‘change password’ option: Tap the ‘change password’ option in change accounts settings.
- Type your password: Now a new tab will open. Type your current password. Tap next.
- Enter your new password: Now type your new password twice. First in ‘new password’ box and second in ‘confirm new password’.
- Tap ‘change password’: Tap on the change password option to confirm it. Your password has been changed.
So you can change the Gmail password on desktop (Windows or Mac and mobile (Android or iPhone) both. Always keep your Gmail password strong and long that your account remains safe.
Add some mathematical characters in it that it becomes strong. Do not open your Gmail account in other’s desktop or mobile. If you do it, then do not save the password. Your password’s safety is in your hand.