- travel delhi metro
- join ngo delhi
- widow pension delhi
- sc certificate delhi
- water bill delhi
- pension scheme delhi
- birth certificate delhi
- court marriage delhi
- income certificate delhi
- caste certificate delhi
- fir status delhi
- complaints against schools
- d driving license delhi
- internship in delhi
- mtnl bill delhi
- employment exchange delhi
- delhi verification certificate
- delhi metro wifi
- recharge metro card
- traffic police challan
- marriage certificate delhi
- driving licence delhi
- online fir delhi
How to Register Marriage and get Marriage Certificate in Delhi
To know how to register for marriage and get a marriage certificate in Delhi. Check out this article! Moreover, one can apply for court marriage in Delhi. Let us now look at the steps for the registration of marriage in Delhi.
delhi marriage certificate registration online apply
Register Marriage And Get A Marriage Certificate In Delhi With 18 Easy Steps
Step-1 Open the website district.Delhi.govt.nic.in: Open Google or any browser on your Pc or Phone.
- Next, search a website known as edistrict.delhi.govt.nic.in.
- Lastly, open this website on your screen.
Step-2 Tap on a new user: Now on the homepage of the website. Locate an option called new user. Next, click on New user.
Step-3 Select the document type and enter its number: A new user form will appear on the screen. On this select the document type and then enter document no.
Step-4 Enter the security code and click continue: Scroll down and enter the security code provided there. Lastly, click on continue.
Step-5 Fill in the registration form: Here is the citizen registration form that comes on the screen.
- Now start filling out the registration form.
- Enter all the details asked appropriately.
Step-6 Enter the captcha code and hit continue: Scroll down and enter the captcha code correctly. Next, hit continue to Register.
Step-7 Go back to the home page and click on registration of marriage: Once you have registered successfully.
- Now return to the homepage of the website.
- Here click on registration of marriage.
Step-8 Enter the login credentials that you received on your registered mobile number: You will receive login credentials on your registered phone number. So enter those credentials here to log in.
Step-9 Enter the captcha code and click login: Now fill in the captcha code correctly. Next, click on Log in.
Step-10 After your form is visible, click on apply online in the top left corner: Once you log in your form will appear on the screen. Now go to the top left corner and click on Apply online.
Step-11 Click on apply for services: You will have two options under Apply online. So click on 'apply for services' one.
Step-12 Find the registration for marriage number(33) and click on apply: All the services to apply online will appear.
- Here locate a registration for marriage number(33).
- Then click on Apply.
Step-13 Fill in the marriage details: A form regarding details of marriage opens up. Here start filling out the marriage details precisely.
Step-14 Hit continue: Once you finish with the form. Then hit continue.
Step-15 Fill in the witness details: Now you need to give the details of the witness of the marriage. So fill in the details properly.
Step-16 Upload the required documents: Next, start uploading all the documents mentioned there.
Step-17 Upload the pictures of your marriage and hit continue: Now you have to upload a picture of your marriage.
- Upload each image as it is mentioned on the screen( Refer below image).
- Then hit continue.
Step-18 Select the payment method, enter your details and make payment: Now tap on the select beside Payment type.
- Here select the payment method to pay the fee.
- Enter your details.
- Lastly, make the payment.
Using the above-mentioned steps you can register your marriage and obtain a marriage certificate in Delhi easily. Similarly, you can get a birth certificate in Delhi online too. Since this is the pivotal document required in every process. You must obtain it if you have lost or haven't made it yet.
A marriage certificate in India is a legal term that states that a husband and a wife are legally married. A couple can get a marriage certificate in India through two acts. The first is the Hindu Marriage Act, of 1955 and the second one is the Special Marriage Act, of 1954.
The Supreme Court of India has made the marriage certificate in India compulsory from the year 2006. However, not everyone in India gets a marriage certificate after their marriage.
But for women's protection after marriage in India, the Supreme Court wants each couple to register themselves to get a marriage certificate in India.
Not only for the protection of women but it also helps as marriage proof for visa and passport. And it also helps in taking the decision in the case of any dispute after marriage.
Today we will guide you on how to get a marriage certificate in India -
Marriage Certificate Delhi
Documents Required for Marriage Registration
- Application form duly signed by both husband and wife.
- Documentary evidence of the date of birth of parties (Matriculation Certificate / Passport / Birth Certificate) Minimum age of both parties is 21 years at the time of registration under the Special Marriage Act.
- Ration card of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the certificate.
- In the case of the Special Marriage Act, documentary evidence regarding the stay in Delhi of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO).
- Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage, and nationality.
- Two passport-size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph.
- Marriage invitation card, if available.
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
- Rs. 100/- in the case of the Hindu Marriage Act and Rs.150/- in the case of the Special Marriage Act to be deposited with the cashier of the District and the receipt should be attached with the application form.
- Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per the Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act as the case may be.
- Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- In case one of the parties belong to other than the Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage(in the case of the Hindu Marriage Act)
All documents excluding receipts should be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
How to apply online for a Marriage certificate?
Here we are explaining the marriage registration process after registration you can get your marriage certificate.
Step 1- Go to the Official website of the Delhi Govt. to get a marriage certificate.
List of services available at e-District Delhi
- Registration of Marriage
- Revenue Courts
- Issuance of ROR
- Status Tracking of Recovery
- Appointment to meet with DM regarding grievances
- Search Notices
Step 2- Click on the Registration of Marriage option
Step 3- If you are a registered user fill in your user Id and Password. In case of a new user click on the below option Register.
Step 4- For registration select document type (Aadhar card or Voter Id) in the second field fill document number
Step 5- Next step fill in your personal details.
Step 6- Take your appointment.
Step 7- Go along with your documents and witnesses at the time of appointment.
Step 8- You can also find your sub-division office on Delhi govt Website.
Step 9- After the registration, you get a marriage certificate within 2 weeks.
- Under Hindu Marriage Act 1955- 100 rupees.
- Under Special Marriage Act 1954-150 rupees.
Deposit the fee in the name of the district cashier and attach the receipt along with the documents.
Marriage Acts- Short explanation about marriage acts in India.
Hindu Marriage Act, 1955- The Hindu Marriage Act 1955 came into power to amend and codify laws related the Hindu marriages.
When this act passed in the parliament separation and divorce came into existence in Hindu Marriages and this act has made the divorce process easy.
Conditions for Hindu Marriage Act, 1955- These conditions will be given in the form of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955-
- The Bridegroom should have completed 21 years and the bride should have completed 18 years at the time of marriage.
- Neither the husband nor the wife had a living spouse at the time of marriage.
- Neither the husband nor the wife is idiotic or a lunatic at the time of marriage.
- The husband and the wife are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship according to the custom of the usage of having the force of law governing each of them.
Marriage between them is permitted though they are within the degrees of prohibited relationship.
- The husband and the wife are not spins of each other.
How to get a Marriage certificate Under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955-
Step 1- Apply to the office of the sub-divisional magistrate in whose jurisdiction the one party resides exactly six months before the date of marriage.
Step 2- Fill out the application form and sign it by both parties.
Step 3- Verify all the documents along with the form at the office and you will get an appointment time after that.
Step 4- Both the husband and the wife have to appear at the registrar's office at the appointment time for registration with their parents or guardians or any other witness within one month from the date marriage was held.
Step 5- It might take one to two weeks to get a marriage certificate.
The official format of the form is given at the given link
- Special Marriage Act, 1954- The Special Marriage Act came into power to provide a special form of marriage, registration, and to help in divorce also. This act replaced Act 3, 1872.
Conditions for Special Marriage Act, 1954- The following conditions will be given in the form of the Special Marriage Act, 1954-
- The both husband and the wife are living together from the given date in the form.
- Neither of them had more than one living spouse at the date mentioned in the form.
- Neither of them is idiotic or a lunatic.
- Both of them have completed their 21 years of age.
- They are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship.
- Their marriage was celebrated before the commencement of the Special Marriage Act, 1954
How to get Marriage Certificate of Special Marriage Act, 1954-
Step 1- For this, you have to inform the Marriage officer which is nearby you or the other party.
Step 2- A notice will be put on the notice board of the Marriage Officer’s office. The notice should be put on 30 days prior to the marriage. The purpose of putting up this notice is just to know if is there any objection to this marriage in the community.
Step 3- If no objection will be received then the marriage can be held. If an objection will be received the Marriage officer will look into the matter and sort out the matter.
Step 4- In the case of marriage completed after two days, the form will be filled up and signed by both parties.
Step 5- The form along with the documents will be verified by the Marriage officer.
Step 6- The officer will give an appointment date on which both the parties will have to appear for registration with their parents or guardians or other witnesses.
Step 7- Within 2 weeks you will get a marriage certificate.
The given link has the official format of the form of Special Marriage Act, 1954
Marriage registration form (under Hindu Marriage Act.) - Go to the official website of the Delhi government and download the marriage registration form.
Marriage registration form (under Special Marriage Act. ) - Go to the official website of the Delhi government and download the marriage registration form.
Guidelines for online registration:
- A valid Mobile No. is mandatory for online registration.
- Any wrong information will lead to the cancellation of registration.
- After registration, the access code and password will be sent to mobile no. provided in the registration form. The registration needs to be completed within 72 hours by providing the access code and password at the e-District Delhi website otherwise, registration will not be completed and citizens will be required to provide the registration details again.
- In case you do not have an Aadhaar No. or Voter ID Card, please apply at any of the counters at the Tehsil/Sub-Division Office.
- How to Find an Internship in Delhi
- How to Pay online Bill of MTNL Delhi
- How to Register in Employment Exchange Online in Delhi
- How to Apply Online for Delhi Police Verification Certificate
- How to Use Free Delhi Metro WiFi
- How to Recharge Delhi Metro (DMRC) Card Online
- How To Check and Pay Delhi Traffic Police Challan online
- How to Apply Online Driving Licence in Delhi
- How to Register Online FIR in Delhi Police
- More Articles...