Gmail is mostly about the office work and other stuffs which makes our work bit of hectic. One cannot operate everything from one Email so we require another Email that we can use with our first mail.
Google gives an option to Gmail users to link another Email account with the previous account. You can link Gmail accounts with other Gmail account. You can switch to Gmail accounts.
Let’s see how you can link Gmail accounts with other account.
How to Link Gmail accounts through mobile App
You can link another Email account with your Gmail app.
- Open the app: open your Gmail app which is available on Android and IOS network.
- Sign in: Sign in with your Gmail account for you want to create folders.
- Tap three bars menu: Tap on the three bars menu at the top left corner.
- Tap on your mail ID: Tap on your mail ID at the top of the screen where you can see profile pictures as well.
- Select ‘manage accounts’: Now tap on manage accounts option.
- Tap on ‘add account’: Tap on ‘add account’ option to start the process.
- Select the type of mail ID: Now select the mail ID type such as Goggle, iCloud, Outlook, Yahoo etc. tap on ‘google’ if you want to add Gmail ID. Tap ‘continue’.
- Sign in with the ID: Now sign in with the ID you want to link.
- Tap on ‘next’: Now tap on ‘next’ option to confirm.
- Verify the mail: Now Google will send you a verification code on your first mail ID. Open the app and check the mail.
- Tap on the link: Tap on the link to verify the Mail ID. You can see the link in the mail at middle or bottom.
Now your mail ID has been verified and it has been linked with your Gmail account. Now you can operate both IDs in one app. When you want to use the ID, do this:
- Tap on three bars option in app.
- Tap on the mail ID with your profile picture and name.
- Choose ‘manage accounts’ option.
- Tap on the mail ID, you want to use. Swipe right the green bar.
- Now go back to home of the app. Here, you can see your all mails.
So, that’s how we can link our Gmail accounts.
How to link Gmail accounts on Desktop
You can link Gmail account on both Desktop or mobile app. Let’s see these steps to do it on desktop.
- Open Gmail: Open Gmail and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the settings icon: You can see an icon of settings in the right corner at the top. Click on it.
- Go to ‘settings’: Click on the option of ‘settings’ in all given options.
- Go to ‘accounts and import’: Go to the option of ‘accounts and import’ in horizontal line at the top. Click on it.
- Click on ‘add another Email address’: Now click on ‘add another Email address’ option in the right side.
- Type your new mail address: Enter your new mail ID which you want to link with your private account.
- Click on ‘next stop’: Now click on ‘next stop’ option to confirm.
- Verify the mail: Now Google will send you a verification code on your private mail ID. Open your Gmail and check the mail.
- Go on the link: Click on the link to verify the Mail ID. You can see the link in the mail at middle or bottom.
Now your mail ID has been verified. Email ID has been linked with your private mail ID. You can operate both mail IDs at one time.