Nowadays, Facebook has been concentrating more on video platform, as we are fed with more videos in our News Feed. While some of the videos are from Youtube, most videos are fetched from the Facebook’s server. Facebook doesn’t let you download these videos from its server by default.
Similarly, there is no direct option to share Facebook videos on the Facebook-owned messenger WhatsApp.
There are some tricks to share the Facebook videos to WhatsApp, in this article we are going to explore that topic.
How to share Facebook video on WhatsApp through Computer
Sharing the Facebook videos through a computer to WhatsApp is the easiest of all methods. To share the Facebook video in WhatsApp, you need the video file or video link(URL). Follow the steps below to get the URL of the video.
Step 1: Open Facebook, then browse and find a video.
Step 2: Then, click on play > then right click on the video > then click on show video URL. Step 3: Click on the URL box and Press Ctrl+C on the keyboard. Now you have got the URL. After this step, you can directly share the video link(URL) to your WhatsApp contacts and WhatsApp groups by using Whatsapp Web by scanning the QR code in your mobile phone and using Whatsapp web interface in your computer. Or, you can proceed to download the video to post it as a video file rather than a link. To download the videos, there are three options available.
Video Downloading option 1:
1. Open your browser, like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on the URL box, and press Ctrl+V to paste the URL.
3. Now make one small change by replacing ‘www’ by ‘m.’ in the URL.
4. Now press Enter and Click on play symbol to play the video.
5. Right click on the video and click the ‘save video as’ option to save your video to your desired location. You can use the shortcut Ctrl+S to do the same action.
2. Now paste the URL into the big box over there. 3. Click download and you will be prompted to select the download format. 4. After selecting wait for the download to start or click on download.
Video Downloading option 3:
1. Install Internet Download Manager(IDM) on your computer.
2. Install plugin as directed in the official site of IDM.
3. Open the video in the browser and play.
4. Now a small blue icon named ‘Download Now’ can be seen on the top right side of the video and click on it.
5. Now you will be prompted to select quality, select and download.
6. After downloading the file, you can use Whatsapp Web by scanning the QR code in your mobile, to send the video to your contacts through the Whatsapp interface in your computer browser.
How to share Facebook video on WhatsApp by Smartphone
For sharing, you can either choose video link or video file. To get the video link first you have to login to Facebook, then find the video in the News Feed or someplace else and play it.
Then tap on the URL box and long press to select all and copy. Now you have got the mobile URL of Facebook video. You can send it to the contacts in Whatsapp. Facebook app and mobile Facebook site has the save video option but doesn’t mean that is it downloaded in your gallery.
So, to download the video, you have to use an external app. There is an app called Tubemate that will let you download the Facebook videos to your Gallery. Follow the steps below to download Facebook video.
1. Launch Tubemate you will be shown the home window.
2. Tap on the upper left corner option, now you can login to Facebook in the app by tapping Facebook login option and browse through the News Feed just like a web browser. 3. Scroll through the News Feed to find the video you want to download and play it. Now you will be shown a window with download option. Tap on download to get it.
Quality of the download can be changed. Main drawback in this option is that you hardly find any video in the News Feed within this app. To download the video easily, tap on the upper left corner of the Tubemate app and paste the URL you previously copied into the box and press go. Now the download window will come and you can successfully download it to your Gallery. After downloading the video open it. Now, you can share it with your WhatsApp contacts by tapping the share option in the upper right corner of the video.