WhatsApp giving options to create your WhatsApp backup and store your backup (message, image, videos) on google drive and restore from google drive. You need your old email id where your data is saved to restore from there. Follow the step by step guide to restore WhatsApp backup from google drive.
Part 2. Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive – iPhone
Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive – Android
1. Reinstall WhatsApp app. You can restore WhatsApp media and messages, just reinstall the WhatsApp application on your smartphone. 2. Enter your WhatsApp mobile number. for confirmation and select done.
3. Here Select Restore button. Below the restore button, you can see your backup data size. and above you can see your email id. Backup is coming from the same email id.
4. Download the backup. Just wait few minutes to download backup data.
5. Restore Backup. Now backup is downloaded. Tap on next button.
6. Tap next. Here you can see your profile as it was previously.
7. Select Continue.
8. Restoring media. It will take some time to restore your media (Messages, images, videos). It depends on your backup data size. Wait for few minutes.
Now it’s Done. This way you can restore your backup from google drive. Now you can enjoy your WhatsApp with your old data.