If you want to hide the WhatsApp statues to specific persons, there is an option available in the privacy features. Follow the steps below to hide WhatsApp status from your contacts.
Hide WhatsApp Status
1. Launch WhatsApp: Tap on the WhatsApp icon in the main menu.
2. Open dot menu: Now go to the WhatsApp main window, and tap over the three dots.
3. Go to Settings: Tap on the settings option.
4. Go to Account: Tap on the Account option at the top.
5. Go to Privacy: Tap on the privacy settings in the list of options shown.
6. Status option: Tap on the status option shown.
7. Select the Viewers: Now you will be shown three options. Select ‘only share with’ option and select the people you want to share or leave it blank.
In conclusion, WhatsApp is constantly moving from text options to image or video options. This status option has increased the usage of videos and images by many users. If you cannot find the status option, you need to update your WhatsApp to latest version.