WhatsApp’s last seen feature becomes the black sheep, while you refuse to message to somebody and being caught by that guy through last seen time. To avoid those embarrassing situation, you can disable that option in your WhatsApp.
It has its own side effect too, that if you don’t want to show your last seen time, you will not be shown others’ last seen time also. Let see in detail about last seen feature in this article.
How to Disable or Hide Last Seen on Android
If you are holding an Android phone, follow the steps below to disable last seen time in WhatsApp.
1. Launch WhatsApp: Do it by tapping the icon from the menu.
2. Check feature enable or disabled: Open any conversation and check the last seen time to know whether the feature is enabled or disabled.
3. Open dot menu: Now go to the WhatsApp main window, and tap on the three dots. 4. Go to Settings: Tap on the settings option shown. 5. Go to Account: Tap on the Account option at the top. 6. Go to Privacy: Tap on the privacy settings. 7. Go to Last Seen: Tap on the last seen option. 8. Select the viewers: you will be shown a pop up giving you options
- My Contacts
Selecting every one option lets anyone see your last seen time, Second option lets you show your last seen time, only to your contacts. Third option lets no one see when you were last online.
9. Profile Photo: There is another option in privacy which lets you show your profile photo to selective viewers.
10. About Information: There is one more option that lets you select the viewers for your About information.
11. Status: One more option is there to select who can view your status.
How to Disable or Hide Last Seen on iPhone
Follow the steps below to disable last seen feature in WhatsApp in your iPhone
1. Open WhatsApp: Tap on the WhatsApp icon in iPhone.
2. Go to Settings: Tap on the settings in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Go to Account Settings: Tap on the Account menu. 4. Go to Privacy Settings: Tap on the privacy setting on the top. 5. Last Seen Feature: Tap on the last seen feature, you will be shown three options. 6. Select viewers: Tap on everyone option to allow anyone to see you last seen time. Second option is for letting only your contacts to see it. Third option will let no one see it. In conclusion, the black sheep feature (Last seen feature) can be disabled to improve your privacy. There is an app called "GB WhatsApp", which freezes your last seen time (fakes its). But, you have to use this app at your own risk, as it is a moded app.