Hard Reset aka factory reset is a process that deletes all the data from your phone. All the documents, pictures, downloaded application and even passwords will be deleted from your phone if you choose to do a hard reset of you Redmi 3, it will be just similar to a new phone.
Hence, it is important that you take a backup before you proceed to hard reset. There may be a need to hard reset Redmi note 3 during the usage due to various reason like if you are going to sell it or it has gone slower than usual or maybe it has completely frozen.
Here we are going to explain how to hard reset Redmi note 3. Let us take a look at the procedure step by step
By Pressing Volume Up Button + Power Button
- Switch off your Redmi note 3. You may want to remove the SIM card and the SD card.
- Press Volume up + power button. MI logo will appear on the screen. This may take few seconds.
- Hold the volume up button until the recovery mode opens. You can select your preferred language on this screen.
- Once you are in recovery mode. Now you will not be able to use the touchpad on your Redmi note 3. Use the volume button to go up and down and power button to select a chosen option.
- Your screen will have few options, from the recovery screen choose ‘Wipe and Reset’. Remember that you will need to toggle between options using the volume key and select using the power key. Once you have selected Wipe and Reset -it will ask again and provide few options.
- Choose Wipe All data and this should start the hard reset process of Redmi note 3 and will Restore Factory settings.
- You will be asked again if you wish to proceed. Choose ‘Yes’ on the screen by using the power button to confirm. Recovery mode will start and will hard reset your Redmi note 3.
- Start your phone in normal mode once the process completes. It does take about 15 minutes and can take more or less time depending upon the data in your phone.
Hard Reset on your Redmi note 3 – Through Settings
- Go to Main Menu > Select Setting
- Open ‘Back up and Reset’
- Select or click on Factory Data Reset
- Choose ‘Factory Data Reset’ > ‘Reset Phone’
- Another screen will pop up, select – ‘Erase all’.
- Recovery mode will start and wait to hard reset your Redmi note 3 is completed.
Reminder that hard reset or Restore factory setting will erase all the data from your Redmi note 3 so do take back up of your contacts, important documents, pictures, video etc before proceeding further. If you have completed the process without taking a back up, then there is no way to retrieve the information.