Finding someone in WhatsApp requires that person’s phone number. Unlike Facebook, you cannot find a person with name in WhatsApp, you have to add them to your contacts to find them. With the latest update, seeing contacts option has vanished from the settings.
In this article, we are going to see, how to find someone on WhatsApp.
If you are using android phone, you can follow the steps below to find people in WhatsApp
1. Launch WhatsApp: Tap on the icon in the menu.
2. Open New Conversation: Tap over the new conversation option in the bottom corner.
3. Tap on Search: Tap on search for contacts option which looks like a lens symbol. Now you can type the name, and find the contact you want.
What is the app ‘Friends Search for WhatsApp’?
Using this app is nothing but adding random contact to your list almost. You can use it at your own risk to create groups.
1. Go to Playstore: Launch Google Play store app and type friends search for WhatsApp. Install the app and then open the app. 2. Set Mobile number: Set your mobile number and register OTP. 3. Search Numbers: Tap on search option to search for random WhatsApp numbers and let the app to add numbers. It will add around 150 contacts to your list. 4. Check WhatsApp Contacts: Now check the WhatsApp contacts to see numbers saved as Unknown. 5. Delete Random Contacts: Tap on the delete searched contacts option to delete all those unknown contacts generated.
How to find someone on WhatsApp: iPhone
Follow the steps below to find people in iPhone
1. Open WhatsApp: Tap on the WhatsApp icon on the home screen.
2. Open New Chat: Tap on the chat option, and tap on the open conversation symbol on the top right corner. 3. Search for Contact: Now enter the person name to find the contact. In conclusion, to protect privacy, WhatsApp is keeping the rule that the contacts are needed to find the people in WhatsApp. Using Friends search for WhatsApp may get yourself blocked from the random contact you find on the app.