As per the Indian Government Emigration Act, 1983, the online application being rejected for the Indian passport without emigration clearance page. Ministery of labour’s website is rejecting visa applications with Indian passport that do not have an immigration clearance not required (ECNR) stamp in their passport.
Now you are working in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc.) So it’s very necessary to remove emigration check required (ECR) stamp from your passport to avoid any issues in future.
List of 18 Countries where you need to take a clearance before your travel if your passport is emigration check required (ECR)
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- Iraq (emigration banned)
Cancellation of emigration check required (ECR) Endorsement
– For eligibility please see the attached page (In case the passport booklet does not have emigration check required (ECR) stamp, the passport holder would be deemed to have been granted ECNR status)
- Application in the format prescribed.
- 2 recent photos with white background and frontal view.(51mm*51mm).
- Current Passport in original with photocopy (of first 2, last 2, address page if the separate page, any other endorsement pages and visa page with additional booklets if any.
- For canceling emigration check required (ECR) Status in the case of dependents, (children/spouse) original and a photocopy of the passport of the spouse/parent.
- Personal appearance of applicant is compulsory to establish physical identity
- Fee : Dhs. 95/-
- Service Fee Dhs.9/-
- Indian Community Welfare Fund Dhs.10/-
- Passport Will be retained during the Tenure of the Service.
- Time Taken : Five working days
Who are Eligible for Cancellation of emigration check required (ECR) Status:-
- All holders of Diplomatic/official passports.
- All Gazetted Government Servants.
- All Income-Tax payers (including Agricultural Income-Tax Payees) in their individual capacity. Proof of assessment of Income-Tax and actual payment of Income Tax for last one year or copy of PAN card to be insisted upon, and not merely payment of advance tax. However, in most cases as an assessment order is not issued separately by the Income Tax department, Income Tax Returns which are stamped by Income Tax authority can be accepted.
- All professional Degree holders, such as Doctors holding MBBS Degree or equivalent degree in AYURVED, or Homeopathy, accredited journalists, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, Lecturers, Teachers, scientists, Advocates, etc.
- Spouses and dependent children of the category of persons listed from (b) to (d).
- All persons having educational qualification of matriculation and above.
- Seamen who are in possession of CDC or Sea Cadets, Deck Cadets:
- who have passed final examination of three years B.Sc. Nautical Sciences Course at T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai and
- who have undergone three months pre-sea training at any of the Government approved Training Institutes such as T.S. CHANAKYA, T.S. REHMAN, T.S. JAWAHAR, MTI(SCI) and NIPM, CHENNAI after production of Identity cards issued by the Shipping Master, MUMBAI/KOLKATA/CHENNAI.
- Persons holding permanent Immigration Visa, such as the visas of the UK, USA, and Australia.
- Persons possessing two years diploma from any Institute recognized by the National Council of Vocational Training(NCVT) or State Council of Vocational Training (SCVT) or persons holding three yearsâ€™ diploma/equivalent degree from institutions like polytechnics recognized by central/state Governments.Nurses possessing qualifications recognized under the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947.
- All persons above the age of 50 years.
- All persons who have been staying abroad for more than three years (the period of leave / stay in India to be deducted).
- All children up to the age of 18 years of age. (At the time of re-issue at the age of 18 years, emigration check required (ECR) stamping shall be done, if applicable).
Process to apply for ECNR Stamp
Step 1: Download Form and Fill all the information.
Step 2: Bring your original passport with you to submit for ECNR Stamp.
Step 3 : Make sure you should have Photocopy of the front, back and visa page of your passport.
Step 4: Relevant documentary proof of eligibility for ECNR stamp (work experience certificate, 10th certificate etc.)
Step 5: Go to your nearest Indian Embassy (ex- Dubai, Abu Dhabi).
Step 6: Submit your passport there.
Step 7: Pay fee for ECNR stamp services as above mention.
Step 8: Wait (Time Required: Five Working Day) and collect your passport with ECNR stamp.
Address of Indian Embassy and Contact Details
|CHANCERY||:||Plot No. 10, Sector W-59/02, Diplomatic Area, Off the Airport Road, P. O. Box 4090, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E|
|OFFICE WORKING HOURS||:||Sunday to Thursday 08:30 Hrs – 17:00 Hrs(13:00 Hrs –13:30 Hrs Lunch Break)(Friday & Saturday – Weekly Off)|
|PUBLIC INTERFACE HOURS||:||Sunday to Thursday 09:00 Hrs – 12:30 Hrs|
|TIME DIFFERENCE||:||U.A.E Time: GMT+ 4 hours & IST Time = UAE Time+1½ hour|
|Find us on Google Map||:||Find Us On Google Map|