Google maps is the most useful service by Google. They have provided many extra features in it. You can drop a pin in Google maps. Sometimes, your place doesn’t have an address. You can search the address easily if your location is off the road.
Sometimes Google maps select the wrong location or it didn’t locate the correct location if it’s located in the street or somewhere off the road. Dropping pin help to reach the main address you want to find out.
Let’s understand how you can drop a pin in Google maps.
How to steps to drop a pin in Google maps using App
You can drop a pin in Google maps through mobile app easily. Just see these steps:
- Open the app: Open ‘Google maps’ which is available on both Android and IOS devices.
- Search a location: You can search a location on the search tab. Type the address and search it.
- Scroll around map: Now scroll around the map to find out your desired place.
- Long press on the screen: Now long press on the screen and you can drop a pin on the particular location. your location will pop up on the screen Your pin will appear in red color.
- Tap on the location: Now tap on the location to save and share the location.
So, that’s how you can drop a pin on Google map from your mobile app.
How to drop a pin through desktop browser
You can drop a pin on your desktop browser. Just see these quick steps:
- Open your browser: Open your preferred browser.
- Open ‘Google Maps’: Open ‘maps.google.com’ to start Google maps.
- Search the location: Click on the search bar at the top and enter your location. Now you will see the location in the map.
- Drop a pin: Now you can drop a pin on the map. Select the location and double click on the location. You can use zoom in and zoom out options also to find out the correct location.
- Click on the location: Now tap on the location to save and share the location.
That’s how you can drop a pin in Google maps through desktop browser.