WhatsApp has no option to download status. But the status is stored in one hidden location. There are two methods to get WhatsApp status to your gallery. First method is by using a third-party app called Status Downloader for WhatsApp. To download the status file, follow the step below.
Download WhatsApp Status
There are two ways to download WhatsApp status.
Method for Downloading Status 1:
1. Launch Google Play store: Type status downloader for WhatsApp in the search box. Install the app by tapping on the name and install option and wait for the installation to finish.
2. Open Status Downloader: Open it by tapping over its icon in the menu, which looks like a downward arrow. Now tap on start option.
3. Open Recent Stories: Tap on the option on the home screen of the app. Now you will be shown the latest status and images.
4. Download Video: Below the video, download option will be there, it will look like a downward arrow. Tap on it and wait for the app to prompt video was stored.
5. Open Gallery: After downloading video, go back to the home screen and tap on the gallery option. There you will find the video in the Status downloader for WhatsApp folder.
Method 2 for Downloading status:
1. Open-File Explorer: Tap on the explorer option in the menu.
2. Show Hidden Files: Go to options in the explorer and tap on the show hidden file option. If you are not finding this option on your mobile you can download and install ES File Explorer and try this step.
3. WhatsApp Media Folder: Open the WhatsApp folder and enter into media folder. There will be your status videos in the folder ‘.Statuses’.
Status videos can be downloaded from the site http://hdvidzpro.me/. Variety of statuses are available on this site. It has other many language collections too.