WhatsApp status allows you to share videos, photos, texts etc. WhatsApp status will automatically disappear after 24 hours. But there are times where the user wants to delete the status before auto-deletion happens. By default, WhatsApp status is visible for those whose numbers are stored in your contact. We can delete Status any time after updating. Follow the below steps to delete the WhatsApp status. Deleting WhatsApp status just take few steps.
Steps to delete WhatsApp status:
1. Locate WhatsApp: Locate the WhatsApp application on your phone. Click on WhatsApp icon and the app gets opened.
2. Select status: Select the status tab in the WhatsApp. If you have updated any status, you will be able to see the status. Status updated within 24 hours will be visible. After 24 hours status will delete automatically. Tap on the tab with three horizontal dots shown on the right side of the status window.
3. Check the number of views: You can check the details on the number of views that your status has got. If there are no views then the number of views is shown zero. Tap on the symbol with three vertical dots. You will see the options to delete the status.
4. Select the option delete: Select the status message which you want to delete. Tap on the option “Delete”.
5. Confirm deletion: WhatsApp asks for the confirmation for status deletion. Tap on “delete” option. The status will delete permanently.
So, you will be able to delete the WhatsApp status, incase if you have made any mistake and don’t want others to see it. You have an option to immediately delete the status. But it is not possible to delete multiple WhatsApp status at once.
Some times there are scenarios where you will mess up with the Whatsapp status. Then just follow the steps and delete the status before others could see it. For those looking to delete the WhatsApp status on Android, above are the guidelines which allow removing the status before 24 hours.
Steps to Set New WhatsApp Status
1. Set a New Status Option: You have two option down the right corner. The one looks like a camera is the new video or image status option. Another one looking like a pencil, lets you set text statuses with custom backgrounds.
2. Image or Video Status: Tap on the camera option in the bottom right corner. Now you can take any photograph and upload it as status. If you long-press over the capture button in the middle, you will record a video and you can post it as status. Videos above 30 seconds time, cannot be uploaded as status.
3. Editing photo & videos: These statuses can be added with stylish text and emoji using some tools displayed at the top. The tools available are Pen, Text, crop, and emoji.
4. Sending Status: Tap on the post and wait for the status to finish sending.
5. Text status: If you want to greet somebody or convey something in Whatsapp with the picture, there is an option using text status tools. Same tools as like image & video status are available in this option with custom background setting.