Please note that in WhatsApp your Status will automatically delete after 24 hours. If you still want to delete your WhatsApp status before 24 hours, you can manually delete your WhatsApp status any time whenever you want. Follow the step by step guide.
Delete Whatsapp Status
1. Open WhatsApp App> Tap on Status> Tap on my status. If you tap on the eye icon, you can find who have viewed your status.
2. Now delete the status, by taping on delete button which looks like a dustbin. To share your status use forward option looks like an arrow pointing to the right side.
If you haven’t posted any status, or it expires after 24 hours, the above said three-dot menu will not appear. Then, to set new status, follow the steps below.
Set New Status
1. Set a New Status Option: You have two option down the right corner.
The one looks like a camera is the new video or image status option.
Another one looking like a pencil, lets you set text statuses with custom backgrounds.
2. Image or Video Status: Tap on the camera option in the bottom right corner. Now you can take any photograph and upload it as status. If you long press over the capture button in the middle, you will record a video and you can post it as status. Videos above 30 seconds time, cannot be uploaded as status.
3. Editing photo & videos: These statuses can be added with stylish text and emoji using some tools displayed at the top. The tools available are Pen, Text, crop, and emoji.
4. Sending Status: Tap on the post and wait for the status to finish sending.
5. Text status: If you want to greet somebody or convey something in Whatsapp with the picture, there is an option using text status tools. Same tools as like image & video status are available in this option with custom background setting.