To delete a WhatsApp contact is easy. In most devices, you will have to go to your contacts and delete it. It will automatically be deleted in your WhatsApp contacts once you refresh it. There are slightly different ways of deleting contacts in different mobiles. The article explains how contact is to be deleted in an Android device, an iPhone, a windows phone and also particularly in a Nokia S40.
Steps to delete a WhatsApp contact
Thus, by following the steps mentioned below, an individual can delete a contact in his/her device. It must be noted that deleting a WhatsApp contact means you will lose the contact permanently.
How to delete a WhatsApp contact (on Android)
1. Launch WhatsApp: The first step is to open the WhatsApp application on your phone.
2. Go to contact list: once you are in the WhatsApp application, you have to then go to the contact list. To do so you can tap on the New chat option in the bottom right of the screen.
3. Tap on the name and open chat screen: Once you are in the contact list, you have to find the desired contact. When you find it, you have to select it by tapping on it once.
4. Tap on username at the top of chat screen: Once you select the contact, you have to go to contact details. To do so you have to tap on the user’s name.
5. Select the three dots (options): Once you are in contact details, you have to select the options. To do so, tap on the three dots at the top right corner. It gives you a drop-down menu.
6. Select "view in address book": From the drop-down list, select "view in address book". it will take you to the phone's default address book.
7. Tap on more options: In the address book, you have to then tap on the three dots. This is the menu for "more options". it gives you a list of actions regarding the contact.
8. Delete the Contact: In the more options, scroll down to the options and delete the contact. it will immediately get deleted from WhatsApp when you refresh the contacts.
How to delete a WhatsApp contact (on an iPhone)
Launch WhatsApp: Open the WhatsApp application from your home screen.
Tap the Icon at the top right corner: In the WhatsApp application, tap on the new chat option in the top right corner of the screen. Tap on it once to access all contacts.
Find contact to delete: Once in the contacts, you have to find the desired contact that you want to delete. To do so, scroll down and find it. And then tap on the contact name to open chat screen.
Choose “edit”: In the person’s contact details, you have to choose the edit option. This option is located in the top right corner of the screen. Tap on it once to select.
Locate “delete”: In the “edit” options, you have to locate the delete option. Scroll down until you find it and then tap on it once.
Delete the WhatsApp contact: Once you select the delete option, a dialog box appears. It will ask you if you are sure you want to delete it. Tap on yes, and the contact will be deleted.
How to delete a WhatsApp contact (on windows phone)
Go to people: From the home screen of your phone, go to people. tap on it once to open.
Find the name of the contact: In the people, find the name of the contact you want to delete.
Select the contact: Once you find the contact, you have to select it. to do so you have to tap and hold on the contact. once you do so, a menu appears.
Choose "delete": From the menu, choose delete and the contact will be deleted in WhatsApp automatically.
How to delete a WhatsApp contact (on Nokia S40)
In a Nokia S40, the only way to delete a WhatsApp contact is by deleting it from the phone book. to so, the user must follow the following steps.
Go to Contacts: The first step is to go to the contacts in the phone. The user has to access the default contact list in the phone.
Find the contact to be deleted: Once you are in the contact list, you have to scroll until you find the contact. make sure that the contact you want to delete is in the highlighted space.
Go to options: Once you make sure that the contact you want to delete is in the highlighted zone, you have to go to options. To do so, you have to press the left side key. The key located directly below the word "options" will give you the drop-down list of all options available.
Select delete contact: From the drop-down list that appears, scroll until you find "delete contact". Tap on it once to delete the contact. When you do this, the contact will automatically get deleted in WhatsApp too.
Thus in this way, a contact can be easily deleted in WhatsApp. There is no complicated procedure. The user has to just access the contact that he/she wants to delete and then in options, must delete it.
It has to be noted that once contact is deleted, it cannot be accessed without saving the contact again. hence, he/she has to make sure, before deleting a WhatsApp contact, that they do not want to have that person's contact details. after doing so, they can follow these steps.