Sometimes we need a break from the messenger, because we get bored due to continuously chatting or calling. It’ better to uninstall it, or delete that app. By uninstalling, your message is not going to be deleted from the messenger, you can check them, by just opening your Facebook account.
There are number of methods through which we can delete the messenger App here we are going to discuss, three out of them:
How to delete or uninstall Facebook messenger on android?
These are the steps, through which we can uninstall the messenger on android:
- Open your device settings: Open the device settings in your android phone, which is look like gear shape.
- Tap on App management: Scroll down, you see the App management, just tap on that.
- Tap on messenger App icon: Scroll down, you see the messenger icon, tap on that.
- Tap on Uninstall: After tapping, you see “Uninstall” button tap on that.
- Uninstall the app: After tapping, you see a pop-up will generate, ask you to uninstall, just tap on uninstall.
Wait for a seconds, because it will only take few-seconds in uninstalling the messenger App. Go back to your home screen, you see that the messenger icon has been gone, now it’s automatically uninstalled from your phone.
Now, we are going to discuss the second way,
How to delete the messenger in android
- Find the messenger icon: Search the Facebook messenger icon in your home screen.
- Tap for a while: Just tap for a while on the icon of messenger, it will show you the delete or uninstall option, tap on that.
- Messenger is uninstalled: Now, find the messenger icon on home screen and you see it has gone. That means, it’s permanently deleted now.
Now, we are going to discuss the third way,
How to uninstall the messenger in android
- Open google play store: open your google play store in your mobile.
- Tap on search icon: Tap on search icon, and type Facebook messenger and you see the messenger icon.
- Tap on uninstall: After tapping, you see the uninstall button, just tap on that.
- Messenger is uninstalled: After tapping, a pop-up will generate, ask you to uninstall just tap on “OK”.
It will take some time in uninstalling the messenger, wait for a while and then go back to your home screen, search the messenger icon. Now, you see that messenger is missing and it’s get permanently deleted from your phone.
How to delete or uninstall Facebook messenger on iPhone?
You can uninstall Facebook Messenger on your iPhone devices. Just see these two methods:
Uninstall in iPhone settings
You can uninstall app in your phone settings. Just see these steps:
- Open settings: Open your iPhone settings
- Tap on general: Tap on ‘general’ option
- Tap on iPhone storage: Now tap on ‘iPhone storage’.
- Tap on Facebook Messenger: Scroll down and find ‘Facebook Messenger’. Tap on it.
- Tap on ‘delete app’: Tap on ‘delete app’ option at bottom.
Uninstall from home screen
This is the fastest way to uninstall your app from your iPhone. See quick steps:
- Tap and hold the app: Find your app in your iPhone. Tap on it and hold it for a second.
- Tap on cross mark: All apps will be set on cross mark. Tap on cross mark on your Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap on delete: Tap on uninstall option at the right corner. Your app will be deleted from your phone.
That’s how you can uninstall Facebook Messenger on iPhone devices.
When we uninstall the messenger from our phone it will delete all the files from our phone storage. You can again re-install the messenger app from google play store and App store.
Remember one thing, when you delete the messenger, only the messenger is uninstalled, not the data from the messenger.